Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
100 Miles and Running, Mixtape About Nothing and Attention Deficit....by far. I had the greatest first impression of Wale back in 2007 with "100 Miles and Running." His style was different from everybody elses with a lot of go-go influence and a lot of poetic/spoken word type stuff. His MMG stuff is cool, but definitely not his original style. Now excuse me while I go bump "Rediscover Me", one of his dopest tracks to date.

Edit: More About Nothing is much better than Attention Deficit. My apologies for not including it.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Smooth Operator said:
100 Miles and Running, Mixtape About Nothing and Attention Deficit....by far. I had the greatest first impression of Wale back in 2007 with "100 Miles and Running." His style was different from everybody elses with a lot of go-go influence and a lot of poetic/spoken word type stuff. His MMG stuff is cool, but definitely not his original style. Now excuse me while I go bump "Rediscover Me", one of his dopest tracks to date.
Family Affair is Wale's best song imo. I haven't heard listened through 100 Miles & Running in full though, worth it?

·
Registered
35,690 Posts
True dat.  Whale just doesn't have anything interesting to say.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JT said:
Family Affair is Wale's best song imo. I haven't heard listened through 100 Miles & Running in full though, worth it?
Family Affair is AMAZING. And 100 Miles and Running is CLASSIC Wale shit. So good. It's definitely worth it.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The song structure on Family Affair is amazing:

1st verse was in the eyes of the pimp tellin the girl he needs him

2nd verse was in eyes of the girl, tellin the baby since the father died, they need the pimp

3rd verse was in the eyes of the baby saying we don't need that pimp

I'm praying Wale gets back to real shit like this.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Smooth Operator said:

2nd verse was in eyes of the girl, tellin the baby since the father died, they need the pimp

This.

Which mixtape is it on?

·
Registered
10,058 Posts
Smooth Operator said:

So is Ice turns to Rain by Wale as well

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I hope 'Ambition' is good because Wale is talented as fuck.

My only worry is that he is signed to MMG. Now I like the label, 'Self Made' was surprisingly good, but I just hope that Wale doesn't adopt Rozay's style of rapping about the high life and how he sells drugs. Wale is best when he is on his real shit.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
freetheheels! said:
How can you determine that? Have you heard the music from the future?
No, I haven't, but Self Made is not the type of material Wale should be making. It was cool, but not his type of stuff that I originally fell in love with back in the day. I want more songs like "Diary" from him.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts