Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
28,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My voice is very low/deep and that kills some of my confidence.That then kills my idea of a conversation so i dont know what to talk about.I have no conversation skills at all so i also need help with that.For example,The past couple days I have been around girls and they would try to talk to me.I would talk but I have to repeat myself because my voice is very low and I couldn't keep a conversation for 3 secs.My voice holds mr back in everyway.Also in conversations,I want to say something interesting but I can't think of anything.How do I increase the volume of my voice and learn conversation skills

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Just take a deep breathe and relax. Nobody gives a shit what your voice sounds like. Be yourself people will like you

·
Registered
28,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hiphopannonymus said:
Just take a deep breathe and relax. Nobody gives a shit what your voice sounds like. Be yourself people will like you
But it kills me when people can barely/if at all hear me

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
Helium. :oblivious:

Nah seriously, don't let it hold you back, your voice is your voice, just speak with confidence I'm sure you'll be okay

·
Registered
966 Posts
I used to feel like this to when I was in high school. It felt like I couldn't talk loud enough even though it felt as though I was nearly shouting. It's not physical though, it's mental.

It's called being stifled. A stifled person has an imaginary barrier at which they don't want their voice to be heard, I don't know if this applies to your or not, but it's how it was with me. When I was home alone or with my brother I could talk in a way that filled up the whole house, but when my parents where home, the barrier would be honed in a bit. And then even worse in school, I would talk to someone so that only they could hear my voice and nobody else, I was unaware of this and I thought it was just my voice. And the thing is, when I was talking, It felt like I had to yell, even though I was trying to not make my voice heard by others.

That's what it comes down to. You have the power to fill the whole room with your voice, but it comes down to being stifled, and not feeling entitled to invade on other peoples' air space with your voice. It's a self esteem issue.

The best remedy for this imo, is to instead of talking to people so that they just hear you, envision that you're actually talking through them, to a point several feet beyond them. The space at which you feel entitled to occupy is probably very small and that will affect your behavior, but as you start to take up more space with your actions, voice, and even the tonality of your voice, it will become more natural.

·
Registered
60,834 Posts
Jus A Rascal said:
Listen to Chris Smoove. You will be enlightened by the golden voice.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
444 Posts
you gotta learn to live with it bro, just as long as you don't sound like a creep

I got a super low/deep voice, too, and already went through the same shit you did.. believe it or not, girls find deep voices  sexy

as far as repeating yourself goes, that really won't ever change.. you've got a voice that different from the norm, so that's why people aren't used to it.. I remember when I used to pillow talk with bitches and it'd be nothing but "huhs" and "say that again" until they finally got used to my voice

just stay confident, that's really the key

·
Registered
34,090 Posts
I gotta deep voice too man. Kinda have the same problem. Sometimes it's hard for me to hold a conversation, actually all the time it's hard for me.

·
Registered
25,751 Posts
Dark-Zero said:
Yes.I speak too low even when I try to speak loud
you need to raise the pitch of your voice.. people say that i talk too low too because my voice is kind of deep. that shit is annoying, so when I talk to certain people I kind of higher the pitch of my voice so they can hear me easily

·
Registered
75,333 Posts
I'm not sure if he meant his voice was deep, he meant the volume of his voice is low. Or both :slick:
But if it is deep that's not the problem, he's asking how to raise his voice, not raise pitch :sarc2:

·
Registered
24,828 Posts
Dark-Zero said:
My voice is very low/deep and that kills some of my confidence.That then kills my idea of a conversation so i dont know what to talk about.I have no conversation skills at all so i also need help with that.For example,The past couple days I have been around girls and they would try to talk to me.I would talk but I have to repeat myself because my voice is very low and I couldn't keep a conversation for 3 secs.My voice holds mr back in everyway.Also in conversations,I want to say something interesting but I can't think of anything.How do I increase the volume of my voice and learn conversation skills
I used to have that same deep low voice problem too my friend its caused by social anxiety and lack of confidence you just need to talk more with strangers which is one way that could help you gain confidence but something that can really help is read a book out load at home and when you read, read it loud like you would read in english to the class when the teacher picks you to read.
I HOPED YOU CHECK THOSE LINKS I POSTED  :fly:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts