·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Clock said:
Auto tuned as shit tbh
this real?
i always thought he just outgroqed his falsetto but this makes sense too
something  like he doesnt want to use autotune for the high notes because i never hear him use that voice in his bewer works
i dont really care for the autotune as long as the music is good

·
Registered
8,596 Posts
Köfte said:
this real?
i always thought he just outgroqed his falsetto but this makes sense too
something  like he doesnt want to use autotune for the high notes because i never hear him use that voice in his bewer works
i dont really care for the autotune as long as the music is good
to my ears it is, house of balloons as a whole is really auto-tuned, which is understandable considering how green he was a singer then

illangelo does a really good job hiding it in the 2012 trilogy mix, not sure about the original 2011 mixtape mix because I don't listen to it that frequently

it's most audible (imo) when he holds those notes at around 2:14-2:32 and a little after that

4:44 - 4:48 too

·
Registered
8,596 Posts
that said if abel were to perform this song live in 2019 he would absolutely kill it, dude is a better vocalist now than he was in 2011, Coachella 2018 performance proves this

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Clock said:
to my ears it is, house of balloons as a whole is really auto-tuned, which is understandable considering how green he was a singer then

illangelo does a really good job hiding it in the 2012 trilogy mix, not sure about the original 2011 mixtape mix because I don't listen to it that frequently

it's most audible (imo) when he holds those notes at around 2:14-2:32 and a little after that

ok i always thought he lost his voice because he got older
why he doesnt do those high notes songs live too, but autotune makes more sense
still like you said he kills live performances

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Clock said:
that said if abel were to perform this song live in 2019 he would absolutely kill it, dude is a better vocalist now than he was in 2011, Coachella 2018 performance proves this
coachella was crazy man

·
Registered
459 Posts
Clock said:

You're right on the money with Ill being good at concealing it but yeah, loads of tuning all of Trilogy. Not that it makes the songs bad or anything,. So many artist are subtly autotuned that at this point it might even sound wrong to us if they aren't.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Spotless said:
You're right on the money with Ill being good at concealing it but yeah, loads of tuning all of Trilogy. Not that it makes the songs bad or anything,. So many artist are subtly autotuned that at this point it might even sound wrong to us if they aren't.
I dont think this is "auto-tuned",  in the sense of using that specific program to achieve that known effect but I rather believe melodyne was involved heavily in this, thats why it sounds so clean.

The difference being autotune tunes in real time meanwhile with melodyne you Tune the track before processing.

·
Registered
459 Posts
darklex150 said:
I dont think this is "auto-tuned",  in the sense of using that specific program to achieve that known effect but I rather believe melodyne was involved heavily in this, thats why it sounds so clean.

The difference being autotune tunes in real time meanwhile with melodyne you Tune the track before processing.
You're right. Pitch correction none the less.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts