Kanye to The banner

[update: OP WON] One of the best albums of the year is a country album

3K views 141 replies 51 participants last post by  bcolvert4 
#1 ·
update: AOTY GRAMMY NOM WTF WTF WTF

Sturgill Simpson's "A Sailor's Guide to Earth" is next level, it's amazingly good. it's not a traditional country album, with lots of psychedelic elements to it and a great theme. Pitchfork even consigned this guy and gave the album a high score, 86 on metacritic as well. I recommend it to everyone, I don't even like country and this album is incredible

testimonies:

ScottT said:
Open your eyes you lames, this album is great. Don't just cast it off cause you don't like country music (which is fine not too, but I don't think many of you ever gave it a chance and have only heard top 40 country)
TaylorGang said:
Shocked to see sturgil on here. Best musician out right now imo.
vs_you said:
i fuck with this album
Velvet Goldmine said:
you know what, now that i listened to the song again its actually not annoying.

i really love the strings n horns

#9 ·
SBMike said:
Nice try.  You're not convincing me to listen to a country album.  And don't say I've never tried Country because my friends at college love it and play that trash all the time.
well it's not a mainstream country album for one lol. it's more psychedelic and traditionalist. it's not hot garbage like the top 40 bro country shit that's all about being a ******* and shit. the song I posted is a cover of nirvana's In Bloom that was one of the tracks on the album

#10 ·
Velvet Goldmine said:
love everything about the song except the vocalist :smh:
really? I thought he has a good strong voice. I first heard him when he performed it live on The Daily Show a few months ago and he sounded even better live

#17 ·
Velvet Goldmine said:
you know what, now that i listened to the song again its actually not annoying.

i really love the strings n horns
god dammit lol see this is why I want people to actually give this album a chance. the guy's artistry is next level. the bass in that song :ffpu:

#20 ·
MessiahoftheM said:
love the album but album is barely country music. more blues than country tbh. if anything, you should've put southern family comp
I mainly said it was country to show people country isn't all trash and stuff that's in the top tier of music can come from the genre. not like people are going to give it a chance anyway but I'm hoping just a few people see this and listen to it

#21 ·
dr. poptart said:
I mainly said it was country to show people country isn't all trash and stuff that's in the top tier of music can come from the genre. not like people are going to give it a chance anyway but I'm hoping just a few people see this and listen to it
makes sense. but the reason country gets so much hate is cuz of bro-country's dominance in the mainstream. sort of like why people hate rap music because of trap. traps not nearly as bad as bro-country but a comparison can be made

#23 ·
MessiahoftheM said:
makes sense. but the reason country gets so much hate is cuz of bro-country's dominance in the mainstream. sort of like why people hate rap music because of trap. traps not nearly as bad as bro-country but a comparison can be made
exactly. it'd be like dismissing TPAB because you don't like future

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.