Kanye to The banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
43,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I may be getting my hands on a iPhone 4 this week but it won't be with the service provider I am with. I've looked into how to unlock it for any service provider and I've read up a bit.
My question is, do I have to Jailbreak it to unlock it.
If so how hard is it to Jailbreak an iPhone 4?
Also what exactly is jailbreaking?

Sorry for all the questions, I've not zero experience with iPhones before.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Pinturicchio said:
Okay, so I may be getting my hands on a iPhone 4 this week but it won't be with the service provider I am with. I've looked into how to unlock it for any service provider and I've read up a bit.
My question is, do I have to Jailbreak it to unlock it.
If so how hard is it to Jailbreak an iPhone 4?
Also what exactly is jailbreaking?

Sorry for all the questions, I've not zero experience with iPhones before.
You'll have to Jailbreak to 'Unlock' and use other network providers.

It isn't very hard to jailbreak your iPhone and it only takes a matter of minutes.

Jailbreaking, is the process of removing the limitations imposed by Apple on devices running the iOS operating system through the use of custom kernels. Jailbreaking allows users to gain root access to the operating system, allowing iOS users to download additional applications, extensions, and themes that are unavailable through the official Apple App Store.

P.S. I only bothered answering beacuse your a Bianconero. Forza Juve per sempre!

·
Premium Member
43,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aush said:
You'll have to Jailbreak to 'Unlock' and use other network providers.

It isn't very hard to jailbreak your iPhone and it only takes a matter of minutes.

Jailbreaking, is the process of removing the limitations imposed by Apple on devices running the iOS operating system through the use of custom kernels. Jailbreaking allows users to gain root access to the operating system, allowing iOS users to download additional applications, extensions, and themes that are unavailable through the official Apple App Store.
Ah okay, so what's the process that I'd go through? Is it simply downloading a program and then transferring it to the iPhone?

·
Premium Member
126,802 Posts
Pinturicchio said:
Ah okay, so what's the process that I'd go through? Is it simply downloading a program and then transferring it to the iPhone?
There's tons of tutorials it's really easy

Do u know what version of ios it's running?

·
Premium Member
43,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
43,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aush said:
Exactly. But since the phone will be new (I'm assuming) and it will be a 4S, the default firmware will be 5.0.1, as I've linked you.
It's not new, it's a 4 and not a 4s too.

00000000000000000000 said:
There's tons of tutorials it's really easy

Do u know what version of ios it's running?
I'm not sure of the iOS as I don't have it yet.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Pinturicchio said:
It's not new, it's a 4 and not a 4s too.

I'm not sure of the iOS as I don't have it yet.
Not to worry, you can easily check it in the setting as soon as you have the phone. You can message me anytime if you need help, no worries.

·
Premium Member
43,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aush said:
Not to worry, you can easily check it in the setting as soon as you have the phone. You can message me anytime if you need help, no worries.
Appreciate it, I'm usually good with stuff like this it's just that I've never had any experiences with an iPhone yet.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Pinturicchio said:
Appreciate it, I'm usually good with stuff like this it's just that I've never had any experiences with an iPhone yet.
Understandable, I was apprehensive at first myself. Keep in mind you can always restore it back. Only flaw with that it would void your warranty.

·
Premium Member
43,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Aush said:
Understandable, I was apprehensive at first myself. Keep in mind you can always restore it back. Only flaw with that it would void your warranty.
I wouldn't have a warranty on it anyway. My friends getting an upgrade to a 4S so is giving me the 4.

·
Banned
45 Posts
hi jailbreaking and unlocking are both same .once you jailbreak ed you iPhone you no need to unlock it .jail breaking can be done only with the help of the current software version which your phone has.it may be of redsnow/cydia/yellowsnow.. what ever it may be the following are the steps for jailbreaking. this link http://mobiputing.com/2011/12/how-to-ja ... ntethered/ shows you how to jailbreak the iphone using redsnow. the same steps follows to other softwares too only thing is the software differs. after jailbreaking your phone you need to unlock it. you can unlock it using softwares or some other methods. if you ask me i will say remote unlocking is the best way to unlock iphones. to get this service you can contact http://www.onlinegsmunlock.com/ or some other providers who provides this service.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts