Kanye to The banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from an open day type thing where all the Universities try to persuade me to go to theirs.

Even for small uni's the competition is high for placements. To go on an English course in my city, I need to get AAA in A2 / A Levels. :mindfk:

Shit isn't even that desirable of a course. I can only imagine what the minimum requirements are for other science/maths courses.

That's the type of shit that makes me not want to go. And the prices. :bye:

Pros and cons of University + your own experiences and advise please.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
AAA english course where you living durham oxford Cambridge?
very few science/maths courses with higher entry requirements than that homes.
If you pick the right course uni is aight, getting some work experience and thinking of a career plan are crucial tho

·
Registered
10,120 Posts
Don Teezy said:
AAA english course where you living durham oxford Cambridge?
very few science/maths courses with higher entry requirements than that homes.
If you pick the right course uni is aight, getting some work experience and thinking of a career plan are crucial tho
AAA is quite a normal requirement nowadays, unfortunately.

Anyway,

I'm doing A2s atm, didn't apply for uni, because my predicted grades were shit (ABC (+A* already achieved, but probably won't be counted by most unis as it's in my native language (I've got an English passport as well though, so my plan is to apply with that and hope))).
Triple brackets  :shh:

So I still need to decide where and what to apply for as well, and I have no idea :(.

Why would you want to go to uni in your own city, though?

·
Registered
47,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Axyend said:
AAA is quite a normal requirement nowadays, unfortunately.

Anyway,

I'm doing A2s atm, didn't apply for uni, because my predicted grades were shit (ABC (+A* already achieved, but probably won't be counted by most unis as it's in my native language (I've got an English passport as well though, so my plan is to apply with that and hope))).
Triple brackets  :shh:

So I still need to decide where and what to apply for as well, and I have no idea :(.

Why would you want to go to uni in your own city, though?
I was just making a point. Nottingham isn't that great of a place and it's requirements are pretty high.

I wouldn't want to go there for uni.

Just in the middle of deliberating whether or not to go. I don't have a specific job plan or whatever so it may be a waste of time  considering I don't fully know what I want to do.

I'm doing AS so I've got time.

·
Registered
10,120 Posts
Reindeer of the Roc said:
I was just making a point. Nottingham isn't that great of a place and it's requirements are pretty high.

I wouldn't want to go there for uni.

Just in the middle of deliberating whether or not to go. I don't have a specific job plan or whatever so it may be a waste of time  considering I don't fully know what I want to do.

I'm doing AS so I've got time.
Nottingham is a top 20 university though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts