Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higher_consciousness

When I listened back to the New Zealand conference I was like whoa this is pretty harsh. Sometimes I speak with no filter. I did not mean to be so harsh on the subject of Christianity being that I was a well known Christian. When I was at my Mom's funeral a fucking stranger came up to me and said, "I hope you've accepted Jesus as your saviour so you can see your Mother again!" My entire life, being an african american, Christianity was forced down my throat. Since I was a child, I would ask questions like, "so are little babies that can't speak yet going to hell also?" I one thousand percent believe in God, I believe in Karma, I believe in being a good person. I'm not trying to tell people what they should believe or not believe. To each is his own. I was in situations where someone constantly used Jesus to show me how baaaad a person I was or how not perfect or not Christ like I was. When I say I don't want to be Christ like I'm saying I'm fine with not being perfect. I'm fine with being a human being. I'm happy with just that.
These aren't regular tweets… this is stream of consciousness … I want you guys to know and feel where my head is at…"
The Devil

When I'm saying [I sold my soul to the devil], I'm saying when I allow other peoples' ideals to interfere with what I know is true in myself, that's the devil. So it's like, people talking, mess on the blogs is the devil, or trying to call me names, that's what the devil is, and me thinking twice about what it really is in my heart because of what peoples' reaction would be, is me selling my soul to the devil. But now it's like I can't think twice. You know, you're on Earth only 80, 90, 100 years, hopefully, and I have to create from my dreams I had as a 5 year old.
Dealing with doubt, and that's also a devilish thought, or a demonic thought is doubt when obviously you have something, you've been anointed with something, and you mean something to the world, and you know what the truth is, and you have to just speak to that truth. And don't let peoples' own fears bring that down... It's me communicating what's inside of me through film and music, it really works, but as soon as it's in this form, and if I state the truth in this form, it comes off as way too arrogant, or disrespectful, or cocky, and that's because people are unsure about their own ideas.
So basically, Kanye's idea about the devil is that it's a part of human consciousness. Christ Consciousness believes that each child is born perfect and then develops layers of ego to protect itself. The idea that a new born is already christlike faces a lot of resistance from the mainstream.

The ego is the key to understanding the Devil card. Ego tells us we're better than the other guy, or we're not good enough for the glee club. Ego tells us we need external stimuli (drugs, alcohol, food) to be acceptable to society, or feel comfortable in our own skins. Ego tells us we need a new car to get respect or we need to put our spouse in his/her place so we are "on top."

When we pull the Devil card in a reading we've got some serious examining to do. We need to consider who or what is in charge of our lives. The Devil is a very loud message stating that we're in danger of giving up our control to our base nature. Or, it's a message that we've already dropped to a level of functioning that is beneath us.

We are designed for greatness, yet when we stoop to the level of ego-thinking we're blind to our own beauty.
http://www.tarotteachings.com/devil-tarot-card-meanings.html

Selling your soul to the devil is thinking your not good enough because you fail to live up to the superficial standards of society. Thinking you'll finally be good enough when you have some thing, person, or whatever, in your life. "If only I had _______." That's the ego/devil, resisting the present moment.

Mara is the devil figure in Buddhism.
Mara personifies unskillfulness, the "death" of the spiritual life. He tries to distract humans from practicing the spiritual life by making the mundane alluring or the negative seem positive. Another interpretation of Mara is that he is the desires that are present in ones own mind preventing the person from seeing the truth. So in a sense Mara is not an independent being but a part of one's own being that has to be defeated.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mara_(demon)

There is so much resistance whenever the possibility of Kanye not being a Christian arrises. Usual responses are that he believes in God and Jesus. Believing in God and Jesus doesn't automatically put you into the Christian category.

These are not just random examples thrown together to make it fit. Anyone who studies Christ Consciousness is aware of this, and people have been awakening for many years. Jesus, Buddha, Lao Tzu, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Albert Einstein, this list goes on. People who experience consciousness always see it in the same way too. But because this stuff is faced with so much resistance it is very difficult to speak plainly, as Kanye said, it doesn't work in this form. So instead people use allegory to show what they're are feeling, unfortunately, allegory tends to be misinterpreted to adapt to what the ego wants to see.

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
Great post. That insightful post plus ur avy of the Earth makes you seem a little higher in consciousness than us all lol. I always thought the same thing basically. It's clear that Kanye isn't really a Christian. He just believes in one God apparently, and that the Devil is representative of bad stuff. I know people with similar beliefs so this doesn't sound very strange to me, although I don't think that way. I'm a Christian. Kanye's belief isn't twisted though, he's not no devil worshipper either like so many people think. I still wanna know more about his Horus chain though tbh

·
Banned
85,044 Posts
Chris Anthony said:
Great post. That insightful post plus ur avy of the Earth makes you seem a little higher in consciousness than us all lol. I always thought the same thing basically. It's clear that Kanye isn't really a Christian. He just believes in one God apparently, and that the Devil is representative of bad stuff. I know people with similar beliefs so this doesn't sound very strange to me, although I don't think that way. I'm a Christian. Kanye's belief isn't twisted though, he's not no devil worshipper either like so many people think. I still wanna know more about his Horus chain though tbh
ask a freemason, it's there symbol.

·
Banned
85,044 Posts
Chris Anthony said:
Sometimes I think he's a mason tbh
not all masons are bad though. theres a lot of good masons. the media and blags like to sterotype them all as evil planning some nwo shit

·
Registered
820 Posts
i really think kanye never really got to experience the love of God in his life..Theres one thing to call yourself a christian and go to church on sundays but its a Whole diff thing to be a Christian. You cant truly be a christian if you dont have the love of god in you..otherwise youre just following a bunch of rules and nobody wants to do that..it doesnt help that a lot of "christian" folk are the worst type of ppl in the planet..Judging you and talkin shit behind your back while they do their dirt behind close doors.. I think Kanye might have just drifted and form as many of us do when we drift away from a certain belief system create our own lane based on what we think is right and feels right incorporating many ideals from diff belief systems..

1 - 20 of 35 Posts