Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Each week, SOHH asks two entertainment personalities to name who they feel is the most underrated emcee in hip-hop. After Ben J gave Game the title earlier this week, New Boyz's Legacy crowns Lupe Fiasco SOHH Underrated.

Legacy: Honestly, I'm not going to pick somebody from the 1990's. I have to pick somebody that's a little newers. And I know he's really not considered underrated but I feel this artist has to get a lot more attention. Lupe Fiasco.

Lupe needs to be much more of a superstar than what he already is. I feel like Lupe Fiasco is one of the dopest in the game if not "the" best lyricist in the game. He takes it to a whole 'nother level. I'm talking about listening to his records like Food & Liquor and The Cool.

Even his new album [Lasers] is really good. He's always been on top of his game. Lupe definitely deserves a lot more credibility than what he's gotten already.

http://www.thelupendblog.com/2012/03/sohh-underrated-lupe-fiasco.html?m=1

Thoughts? :work:

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To me, Lasers was dope, average album.
But FOTP I do say is underrated.

Even though this site hates Lupe for the beat change he did, F&L2 will bring back everyone. :work:

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
cheese said:
But that kind of goes for every rapper, though. :kanyeshrug:
Not necessarily. I don't really disagree with what you're saying, but there are definitely a good amount or rappers out there that are overrated by fans, but judged fairly by everyone else. I'm saying that everyone that isn't a fan severely underrates him (mostly due to Lasers tbh).

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Oogity said:
Not necessarily. I don't really disagree with what you're saying, but there are definitely a good amount or rappers out there that are overrated by fans, but judged fairly by everyone else. I'm saying that everyone that isn't a fan severely underrates him (mostly due to Lasers tbh).
and everyone that is a fan oh my god holy grail of hip hop

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
4ziATiC said:
and everyone that is a fan oh my god holy grail of hip hop

those are your fans who don't know much about hip-hip :work:

·
Registered
534 Posts
AllLupeEverything said:
If only he had Tupac's passion... might go down as the greatest that ever lived.
dont get me wrong, im a huge pac fan,... But, hes overatted as shyt. Still all i have on my ipod is lupe, mos def, pac and immortal technique, techniqly i have lowkey, but its not on my ipod atm

·
Registered
17,812 Posts
inshaAllah said:
dont get me wrong, im a huge pac fan,... But, hes overatted as shyt. Still all i have on my ipod is lupe, mos def, pac and immortal technique, techniqly i have lowkey, but its not on my ipod atm
Nah Pac's not overrated. he was the full package and his passion and delivery alone trumped almost any MC that had great lyrical capability. He could hold his own against any of them.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
inshaAllah said:
key to the game 2,3  :slick:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts