Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
25,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some underrated goalkeepers that currently play?

for me:

Akinfeev from CSKA Moscow
Storari from Juventus
Tzorvas from Panathinaikos

·
Registered
11,310 Posts
Fernando Muslera (Uruguay & Galatasaray)
Sergio Asenjo (Athletico Madrid & Spain)

And for a Football League standard keeper - Seb Brown (AFC Wimbledon) is one of the most consistent keepers I've seen at that level. His penalty saves got Wimbledon into League 2 via a playoff. Easily got into the Conference team of the season. Still only 21 with over 60 club appearances, I'd definitely tip him to be playing in the top 2 tiers of English football by the time he's 30.

·
Premium Member
50,590 Posts
Shay Given.

One of the best keepers in the world imo. I don't blame City for letting Hart take over as their number 1, as he'll do them good for the next 10+ years potentially, but Given is still the better player. He deserves to be at a top club right now, instead of Aston Villa. Though I guess his age is a put off.

·
Registered
25,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ant-sw6 said:
Fernando Muslera (Uruguay & Galatasaray)
Sergio Asenjo (Athletico Madrid & Spain)

And for a Football League standard keeper - Seb Brown (AFC Wimbledon) is one of the most consistent keepers I've seen at that level. His penalty saves got Wimbledon into League 2 via a playoff. Easily got into the Conference team of the season. Still only 21 with over 60 club appearances, I'd definitely tip him to be playing in the top 2 tiers of English football by the time he's 30.
Muslera is dope. His performances in the Copa America >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

·
Premium Member
50,590 Posts
The Batman said:
Reina is a top 10 keeper tbh

But doesn't get the love he deserves >_>
From a United fan? :wom:

Best keeper in the league. He's so unlucky that he has Casillas to compete with in the Spanish team.

·
Premium Member
91,083 Posts
The Abstract said:
As a Spurs fan who thinks Gomes is a donkey I still don't agree with that
reaaally?

he's a top keeper. i think gomes has better reflexes than him, but gomes always seems on the edge of a nervous breakdown. :dno:

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
drop.out said:
reaaally?

he's a top keeper. i think gomes has better reflexes than him, but gomes always seems on the edge of a nervous breakdown. :dno:
Yeah I agree with that and Cudicini a few years ago would have been better but he's not very agile anymore and seemed to have little to no confidence when given playing time last year. I'd rather have Friedel than both at this point

1 - 20 of 39 Posts