·
Premium Member
74,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'mma make sure that they go where they can't go
If they don't wanna ride I'mma still give them raincoats
Know what God said when he made the first rainbow
Just throw this at the end if I'm too late for the intro

Okay, so, RG suggested that this last bar of this 4 above had to do with ULB originally being the outro. But my theory is God said, "throw Chance at the end of the rainbow." Why? Well, because pots of gold are at the end of rainbows. And as a pot of gold, he's helping out all his peeps. Giving them cover, even if they don't fuck with him. Helping them get somewhere cause of how God "blessed him."

Also, in general, "If they don't wanna ride, Imma give them raincoats" sets the scene a stormy one, which is intrinsically a biblical allegory to the story of Noah. Folks on RG believe "Know what" is enunciated in a way that sounds like "Noah." As Noah was a savior of sorts, Chance is, too. You can't go to the end of the rainbow, and Chance is taking them there.

(Side note: I don't fuck with RG, but once I had my "pot of gold" theory, I decided to check to see if someone else had said it.)

·
Registered
415 Posts
Noah saved the animals from God's judgement (the flood, ties in with the rainbow imagery in the next few lines).

Chance is saying he cares even for those animals that don't want to be saved - he gonna at least still give them raincoats against the flooding rain. Shows he cares for his people, even those too ignorant to know they need saving.

There's also a double entendre, because he started off the verse talking like he's referring to the future/kids. He wants to make sure they get every opportunity to be great. ("Go where they can't go") Those that have their head focused and are not trying to get distracted by stupid adolescent shit, caught up in sex too soon and other grown stuff ("don't want to ride") Chance understands that but he still gonna give them condoms (sometimes called "raincoats") anyway to be safe.

It's all about taking responsibility for others because you can see with wisdom the dangers they can't.

An incredible verse tbh. :hhh:

·
Registered
215 Posts
J said:

Okay, so, RG suggested that this last bar of this 4 above had to do with ULB originally being the outro. But my theory is God said, "throw Chance at the end of the rainbow." Why? Well, because pots of gold are at the end of rainbows. And as a pot of gold, he's helping out all his peeps. Giving them cover, even if they don't fuck with him. Helping them get somewhere cause of how God "blessed him."

Also, in general, "If they don't wanna ride, Imma give them raincoats" sets the scene a stormy one, which is intrinsically a biblical allegory to the story of Noah. Folks on RG believe "Know what" is enunciated in a way that sounds like "Noah." As Noah was a savior of sorts, Chance is, too. You can't go to the end of the rainbow, and Chance is taking them there.

(Side note: I don't fuck with RG, but once I had my "pot of gold" theory, I decided to check to see if someone else had said it.)

The raincoats line is about the line of coats he gave to the homeless a few months ago
The noah visual is there though too OP

·
Registered
415 Posts
Harolds Chicken said:
The raincoats line is about the line of coats he gave to the homeless a few months ago
oh shit I didn't know about that. If you add that to my reach theory too it makes a triple entendre :banderas:

·
Premium Member
74,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Harolds Chicken said:
Yeah, I had read that. But in of itself, it speaks to more than literally giving people raincoats.

·
Premium Member
74,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Esel said:
("Go where they can't go")
And what I was saying, is that you can't go to the end of the rainbow. But Chance can take them there, because Chance himself, is the pot of gold giving at the end.

·
Registered
134 Posts
J said:

Chance himself said on rap genus "this line made more sense when the song was the last on the album"

·
Premium Member
74,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
moredrinkslesslights said:
Chance himself said on rap genus "this line made more sense when the song was the last on the album"
Well, even if he didn't intend to be a "pot of gold" at the end of the rainbow, the interpretation remains applicable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts