Kanye to The banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Slack said:
Well it depends nowadays lol. I grew up COGIC and now I'm non denominational. I've been in churches playing a lot more questionable tracks than ULB.

I actually snuck in ULB on the keys during the Altar Call this past Sunday. I do the same with Meek Mill's Amen during shouting sessions (if we do them)
I've heard churches in Philly play the Simpsons theme as shouting music.

·
Registered
586 Posts
johnnyjetson said:
Maybe its cuz I play keys in church... or because I know hella underground producers (who make music that sounds just like ULB)... but I honestly don't find ULB that innovative.

The only thing that impresses is me is how the choir is mixed and how it seems to rise in your headphones. The choir sounds great but.. The rest of the track is honestly kinda feelingless for me. Just standard shit that I play while the pastor asks me for prayer music.

Y'all ****** should go to a black church tbh u probably be ballin during tithe & offering even if u feel this lol
It perplexed me sonically. I didn't know how to feel when the song came on because I heard that sound since birth. I feel where you're coming from OP but you gotta understand Ye went to seemingly untouched territory and made it work.

BTW...SHOUT OUT TO MY HOMIE TIFFANY STEVENSON AND AYANA GEORGE FOR BEING ON THE RECORD AND SNL PERFORMANCES. NY GOSPEL SCENE WILL LIVE FOREVER

·
Banned
64,031 Posts
Slack said:
Well it depends nowadays lol. I grew up COGIC and now I'm non denominational. I've been in churches playing a lot more questionable tracks than ULB.

I actually snuck in ULB on the keys during the Altar Call this past Sunday. I do the same with Meek Mill's Amen during shouting sessions (if we do them)
:hah: this is dope

41 - 60 of 69 Posts