Kanye to The banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
40,361 Posts
But I think it's because I love gospel music all together so I can't say I hate on it. Chance is really the one that makes the song special to me with his verse and the inclusion of Donnie Trumpet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Slack said:
But I think it's because I live gospel music all together so I can't say I hate on it. Chance is really the one that makes the song special to me with his verse and the inclusion of Donnie Trumpet
Same. I was really hyped for Kirk to be on the track but also worried. I'm sure a lot of churches are gonna boycott him now which is a shame:/

 

·
Banned
Joined
·
26,214 Posts
johnnyjetson said:
Maybe its cuz I play keys in church... or because I know hella underground producers (who make music that sounds just like ULB)... but I honestly don't find ULB that innovative.

The only thing that impresses is me is how the choir is mixed and how it seems to rise in your headphones. The choir sounds great but.. The rest of the track is honestly kinda feelingless for me. Just standard shit that I play while the pastor asks me for prayer music.

Y'all ****** should go to a black church tbh u probably be ballin during tithe & offering even if u feel this lol
Yeah it's cool but it's really not innovative or even that creative, Ye had many better "gospely" tracks or beats like Faithful. This is a pretty basic ass track even tho I personally like it.

But people here are ignorant and as soon as something like this comes out everyone's like YAAAAS GOD cause it's Kanye and they're followers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40,361 Posts
johnnyjetson said:
Same. I was really hyped for Kirk to be on the track but also worried. I'm sure a lot of churches are gonna boycott him now which is a shame:/
Well it depends nowadays lol. I grew up COGIC and now I'm non denominational. I've been in churches playing a lot more questionable tracks than ULB.

I actually snuck in ULB on the keys during the Altar Call this past Sunday. I do the same with Meek Mill's Amen during shouting sessions (if we do them)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,264 Posts
christophumon said:
Link to producers?
fucking word, OP got more shit this good? hook it the fuck up
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40,932 Posts
johnnyjetson said:
Maybe its cuz I play keys in church... or because I know hella underground producers (who make music that sounds just like ULB)... but I honestly don't find ULB that innovative.

The only thing that impresses is me is how the choir is mixed and how it seems to rise in your headphones. The choir sounds great but.. The rest of the track is honestly kinda feelingless for me. Just standard shit that I play while the pastor asks me for prayer music.

Y'all ****** should go to a black church tbh u probably be ballin during tithe & offering even if u feel this lol
i love black gospel, lowkey i think thats the best genre... i dont think ULB is necessarily innovative but it's a great song. i think the lyrics are what touches people the most, and the choir. especially if they're unfamiliar with that level of soul.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40,932 Posts
Slack said:
I actually snuck in ULB on the keys during the Altar Call this past Sunday. I do the same with Meek Mill's Amen during shouting sessions (if we do them)
:clap: i'd love to hear someone play ULB at church. it lowkey is a perfect song for altar call because it's so open and welcoming... i remember back in the day this guest pastor came and his organ player was up there playing "bed" by j. holiday and only me and my friend noticed :dead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Slack said:
Well it depends nowadays lol. I grew up COGIC and now I'm non denominational. I've been in churches playing a lot more questionable tracks than ULB.

I actually snuck in ULB on the keys during the Altar Call this past Sunday. I do the same with Meek Mill's Amen during shouting sessions (if we do them)
Lmaooo I do the same shit. I've played Lifestyle and no one noticed except the band (cuz most are young / trap stans). But I mean a lot of these songs stick pretty close to 7-3-6-2-5-1 you know so odds are you're gonna play some of these songs on accident even.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,389 Posts
oanye fan said:
:clap: i'd love to hear someone play ULB at church. it lowkey is a perfect song for altar call because it's so open and welcoming... i remember back in the day this guest pastor came and his organ player was up there playing "bed" by j. holiday and only me and my friend noticed :dead:
****** always be sneakin in some random shit that make you be like.. "Hollup, I've heard this before :oh: "
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,705 Posts
you're boring
 
21 - 40 of 69 Posts
Top