Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the salary for a lawyer in the US higher than the UK. It seems from websites that i have come across the US that lawyers earn a lot more money from the very start.

In the UK if you make it into a magic circle firm you start at about £40k during your training contract and around £65k when you qualify. However for the average lawyer you start at £25k and get around £35k when you qualify.

Whats it like in the US?

(I know i can conduct research on google but figures are never realistic.)

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
OP, 65k$ is roughly £33k or so

America has large debt and we have more money so it doesn't matter what it looks like it's supposed to be the same - with countries like Japan people make 80-100k¥ when starting out but that's like 60k$ and 29/30K£ so it doesn't matte

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cow said:
i have no idea but the US seems like the land of the lawyer
Yeah from the outside looking in it seems so. In films it seems lawyers in the US are well respected to a very high degree, whereas in the UK it is not so much. Is this because it is so hard to become a lawyer in the US? or any other reason?

·
Premium Member
133,379 Posts
LondonBoy said:
Yeah from the outside looking in it seems so. In films it seems lawyers in the US are well respected to a very high degree, whereas in the UK it is not so much. Is this because it is so hard to become a lawyer in the US? or any other reason?
it seems like the weird culture in the US of suing everyone might be a good thing for lawyers? or is that a different type of lawyer?

i have absolutely no idea tbh

·
Registered
7,711 Posts
Cow said:
it seems like the weird culture in the US of suing everyone might be a good thing for lawyers? or is that a different type of lawyer?

i have absolutely no idea tbh
are you still salty over losing the revolution and fading into irrelevance?

·
Banned
46,655 Posts
Most U.S jobs seem to pay more on paper, the only problem being: ridiculous school fees, debt, and higher cost of living depending on where you want to live, also crime lol. Along with that you also need to factor in that in the U.S jobs are in high demand, you probably won't find a job at a firm unless you know someone or graduate from Princeton lol, so you'll be broke skipping from case to case.

·
Premium Member
133,379 Posts
pyara said:
at least its not england :salute:
you mad i'm part of eiffel 65?

MegaFdub said:
I did some research and found out that they don't have cows in Iran :notsureif:

Where are you really from? :notsureif:
they do have cows in iran

lel internet research

if you want to see the cows go to iran and check them out

·
Banned
46,655 Posts
Cow said:
they do have cows in iran

lel internet research

if you want to see the cows go to iran and check them out
I'm not going there

They may try and kill me for disbelief of cows in Iran, or using the internet

·
Premium Member
17,948 Posts
KELYE said:
OP, 65k$ is roughly £33k or so

America has large debt and we have more money so it doesn't matter what it looks like it's supposed to be the same - with countries like Japan people make 80-100k¥ when starting out but that's like 60k$ and 29/30K£ so it doesn't matte
came to post this

·
Premium Member
133,379 Posts
MegaFdub said:
I'm not going there

They may try and kill me for disbelief of cows in Iran, or using the internet
women aren't allowed to leave the house without the permission of a man

we live in mud huts and eat skittles

iran #1 country in the world

1 - 20 of 23 Posts