Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Pyramid said:
nah old tyler > new tyler
This, but I'm going to rephrase to: inspired Tyler > uninspired Tyler.  It seems like his best work comes when his lyrics are being strongly influenced by his emotions - ex: most of the songs on bastard, the anger in some of his other tracks, etc.  I feel like he sat down to write for the Pusha T track and had to force it and come up with random B.S. or whatever.  The lyrical content in that song is weak - there's no arguing otherwise.   

but yea, I guess I agree with the old vs. new statement.  I don't think he's done for by any means.  Earl returning will evoke some serious emotion and hopefully some solid tracks.  Also, Goblin contained some solid tracks that were product of his emotions. 

I'm looking forward to what the future brings.

·
Premium Member
39,122 Posts
well it's not like Trouble on My Mind is supposed to have some sort of substance or anything. His verses on Trouble on my Mind are no different than what he was spitting on French! and Seven, and lol @ comparing those songs to Bastard. He'll save the emo stuff for his own shit, and it sounds like he's just having fun to me

·
Registered
75,333 Posts
I think it was still raw. Fit the song really well. I mean, it's not like his rapping for his own album, or for an OF member, it is different rapping with a friend than with someone like Pusha T. One of his first features.

·
Premium Member
39,122 Posts
he's at two different stages in his career. it's called progression, some of ya'll sound like the Ye section screaming for CD era Ye to come back

1 - 20 of 26 Posts