Kanye to The banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
68,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the album is dope.

But why do yall turn a blind eye to the materialistic lyrics? Aside from New Day and Made In America, most of the lyrics on the album are about how rich they are.

So why do yall hate on Ross, Drake, Wayne, hell, even guys like Gucci Mane, for talking about how rich they are, but praise Ye and Hov for it?

And yall could say he hasn't been in the hood/struggling for a long time,

but neither have the dudes I mentioned.

:work:

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
In terms of the message of the song, no.
No church in the wild isn't about that, lift off isn't really, that's my bitch isn't really, welcome to the jungle definitely isn't, murder to excellence has a different message than just money, and why I love you is more about the ROC problems.

However, they both find times to jam it in there with a line here or there, I don't mind that. Shit, I'd brag too. But, the overall messages are much much deeper than that.

As for the other artists, I am not one of those people that bash them for it.

·
Registered
13,803 Posts
That Dude said:
However, they both find times to jam it in there with a line here or there, I don't mind that. Shit, I'd brag too. But, the overall messages are much much deeper than that.
As for the other artists, I am not one of those people that bash them for it.
This

·
Registered
26,181 Posts
Other rappers rap almost only about materialism. At least Yeezy and Hov make room for some deeper, real music also.
Anyone can brag about what they have, but how many are brave enough to open up and rap about how they really feel deep inside?

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Ye & Jay Luxury Rap >>>>>>>
"Usually you have this much taste you European"

The other guys just aren't as dope Kanye & Jay.  They're materialistic lyrics = bugattis.  That's it.
I like Ross & Drake though.

Edit:  And yeah, between the two, they have classics galore, that's why they don't get hate.

·
Registered
12,340 Posts
They do it in an interesting way though, like the pajamas/pj line. Plus, jay is insanely richer than people like wiz or Mac miller who try to rap about "stunting"

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
There's a lot more to the lyrics on this album, believe it or not.  Sure, a great portion of it is "materialistic" driven, but there are some serious issues being tackled here as well. 

1 - 15 of 15 Posts