Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen this yet? Disney just posted it up on YouTube...
Looks amazing! Definitely seeing this opening night in IMAX 3D! It seems necessary.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Visuals look borderline revolutionary to me. The story could be good, I'm only halfway thru the first Tron so maybe when I've finished that a lot more will make sense.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Girls said:
Visuals look borderline revolutionary to me. The story could be good, I'm only halfway thru the first Tron so maybe when I've finished that a lot more will make sense.
Did the same thing. Saw it a few weeks back. At first the idea of this movie made no sense.

But basically what happens is the boy's dad goes back into the the game (after the events in the original Tron) and the son years later goes to find him.

You really won't have to see the first one to understand this new one. But it'll make it better :D

·
Registered
109,817 Posts
didnt watch the preview, walked into the theater after the movie i was watching got boring thinking it was a documentary about this guy

lets just say im upset :sarc2:

·
Registered
28,269 Posts
I Go Fo Mine said:
didnt watch the preview, walked into the theater after the movie i was watching got boring thinking it was a documentary about this guy

lets just say im upset :sarc2:
Tron: Richest Man in America

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm trying to avoid listening to the Daft Punk score that leaked now, I want the full effect of Visuals and Music to hit me in IMAX 3D come Dec 17th.

·
Registered
44,262 Posts
A few reviews are rolling in. Nothing to get excited about. Mostly they're praising the visuals and music, but the story lacks punch.

"Tron: Legacy is an exciting and beautiful film that I can guarantee will be considered a classic, just like the first."

"a thrilling, evocative, and utterly satisfying piece of entertainment."

"There are flourishes of brilliance, particularly in score, costumes and set design. However, this brilliance is often buried beneath messy, disjointed action sequences and a story that fails to make any sense at all."

"I love the metaphysics this story suggests. Tron had hints of the possibilities, but Legacy explores the images of ourselves, manifested beings and the idea that the pursuit of perfection is corrupt."

"It all ends up being a half-hour too much of a just okay thing."

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10011582-TRON_legacy/

·
Premium Member
39,122 Posts
bLaZe said:
A few reviews are rolling in. Nothing to get excited about. Mostly they're praising the visuals and music, but the story lacks punch.
that's basically what I was expecting tbh

·
Banned
31,051 Posts
movie is gonna be dope. i dont trust critics after they smashed on Speed Racer which was fuckin awesome. that shit was the last straw.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts