1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"HURRY UP WITH MY DAMN MASSAGE!" -Kanye West

Venom said:
Lemme break this down for you

1. Ye is actually getting a massage (basic)
2. Massage = "mass age =" age of the masses. It's a reference to the theme of New Slaves, Kanye wants the people to be free from the evil of corporations as soon as possible; since the line is preceded by "I am a god," we can assume that Ye is himself assuming the responsibility of leading the people out of their ignorance like Moses
3. Massage could also be clever code for "más sage." What he means by this is that he wants more (English translation of más) wisdom (like a sage). So, this line is both a brag (Ye is the new messiah) but at the same time a humble admission that he's not perfect: therefore, one could interpret this line as an acknowledgement of the underlying inconsistency that pervades Ye's music and his life.

·
Banned
29,719 Posts
Breaking Atoms said:
What about "Hurry up with my damn croissants?" How can we find more meaning in that?
I've actually been researching this line. Very deep significance.

·
Banned
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Scottie Pimpin said:
line is trash
Your just a one-deminsional person who can't read between the lines. You wouldnt understand pure genius and art if it hit you in the face

·
Banned
13,641 Posts
Scottie Pimpin said:
line is trash
no, claiming greatness, thats what the line suppose to mean, also serves as an first step so that he can ask for a "damn menage" wich would be like a ridiculous thing to ask for in that manner and in the same breath too. so massage could basicly happen right before the menage. just Ye knockin random bitches on demand/comand

·
Banned
28,666 Posts
NasBrah said:
Your just a one-deminsional person who can't read between the lines. You wouldnt understand pure genius and art if it hit you in the face
and your just a sheep who thinks something is good when it isn't just because it comes from some famous person

·
Banned
13,641 Posts
maybe could actually ask a woman he knows to hurry up , wich would be more amazing

·
Banned
29,719 Posts
Breaking Atoms said:
What about "Hurry up with my damn croissants?" How can we find more meaning in that?
1. Kanye wants his fucking croissants, they're delicious
2. Since he's in a "French-ass restauraunt," it is possible that he's in Paris. This would of course be a reference to his hit 2011 collab with Jay-Z, "****** In Paris:" he is subtly reminding the listener of his commercial success and wealth, which are so extraordinary as to be godlike.
3. Croissants could be code for bread, which itself is classic rap slang for money: Kanye's rich, but he's letting us know that he's not done striving for more wealth.
4a. Croissants are often filled with chocolate: it's a reference to the far more obtuse line in On Sight "Black dick all in your spouse again." Here, the chocolately filling inside the soft, delicious pastry is allegory for Kanye sticking his dick in a white chick. This reading is strengthened by the line's similarity in rhyme to "hurry up with my damn massage:" knowing Kanye, this bad massage has a happy ending (slang for a handjob).
4b. Admittedly, this previous interpretation may seem like a reach. However, I'd like to point out that almonds are also often put in croissants: almonds are categorized as nuts. Not only is Kanye fucking a girl, he's balls deep and he wants us all to know (A more tasteful version of his sexual brags in I'm In It).
4c. That the girl is white (which is supported by his King Kong line in Black Skinhead) may have a politically radical implication: this girl is actually Lady Liberty, aka a symbol for the American Dream, aka white America itself: in short, fuck white America. As with the massage line, this final meaning juxtaposes ignorant and conscious rap, which brings us back to the theme Yeezy has struggled with since MBDTF, that of contradiction: being a rich man who is too intelligent to ignore the plight of the common people, but not selfless enough to give his life up.

·
Registered
10,397 Posts
Venom said:
1. Kanye wants his fucking croissants, they're delicious
2. Since he's in a "French-ass restauraunt," it is possible that he's in Paris. This would of course be a reference to his hit 2011 collab with Jay-Z, "****** In Paris:" he is subtly reminding the listener of his commercial success and wealth, which are so extraordinary as to be godlike.
3. Croissants could be code for bread, which itself is classic rap slang for money: Kanye's rich, but he's letting us know that he's not done striving for more wealth.
4a. Croissants are often filled with chocolate: it's a reference to the far more obtuse line in On Sight "Black dick all in your spouse again." Here, the chocolately filling inside the soft, delicious pastry is allegory for Kanye sticking his dick in a white chick. This reading is strengthened by the line's similarity in rhyme to "hurry up with my damn massage:" knowing Kanye, this bad massage has a happy ending (slang for a handjob).
4b. Admittedly, this previous interpretation may seem like a reach. However, I'd like to point out that almonds are also often put in croissants: almonds are categorized as nuts. Not only is Kanye fucking a girl, he's balls deep and he wants us all to know (A more tasteful version of his sexual brags in I'm In It).
4c. That the girl is white (which is supported by his King Kong line in Black Skinhead) may have a politically radical implication: this girl is actually Lady Liberty, aka a symbol for the American Dream, aka white America itself: in short, fuck white America. As with the massage line, this final meaning juxtaposes ignorant and conscious rap, which brings us back to the theme Yeezy has struggled with since MBDTF, that of contradiction: being a rich man who is too intelligent to ignore the plight of the common people, but not selfless enough to give his life up.
Classic. :golfclap: You've done some creative writing classes haven't ya.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts