Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I try not to speculate because I know we'll get the album soon enough, but I have a theory about tracks from WTT releasing.

If the digital version truly is supposed to come out August 1, we could receive 1 new track each day from the album and it would be timed perfectly with that date. Stay tuned to http://soundcloud.com/watchthethrone/ because many people are referring us there. Imagine Lift Off debuting at midnight on August 1 as the last song before the digital album drops.

Promotion-wise it makes sense because the hype and actual tracks will dominate everything in music. Even snippets or versions with samples missing (Is Otis missing the Blades of Glory sample?) would increase awareness. I know most of Gaga's album was released as official singles prior to the official date and it was still a huge success.

Lastly, this is probably reaching, but when Jay said he didn't want to release "a single", maybe he wanted to release every track as a single.

But like I said, we'll get the album in due time. These two release much more quality music in a short span of time than any other rappers and it's no big deal if we're not here to hear it the second it drops.

·
Banned
4,992 Posts
B said:
This. Mostly because, I'm an album kind of person. I love the album format, and think there is an overall vision to be told with a good album. Tracklist/flow is really important. So I don't like the idea of chopping it up, and giving it to us in pieces.

That said, no one is forcing me to listen. So I would't be against this. Just would hate getting album song by song.

·
Registered
7,231 Posts
B said:
This. Mostly because, I'm an album kind of person. I love the album format, and think there is an overall vision to be told with a good album. Tracklist/flow is really important. So I don't like the idea of chopping it up, and giving it to us in pieces.

That said, no one is forcing me to listen. So I would't be against this. Just would hate getting album song by song.
Well after reading this yeah I would hate it too.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I understand some of your concerns, but like some of you have also pointed out, the album is about the message it will send. We all want to see them do well sales-wise, but they could probably care less.

What should be considered more than anything is the fresh impact this album will have. You have two of the game's most influential and respected rappers exploring and delving into a creative realm that hip-hop has never seen before. Without listening to the album, you already know that chopped up soul samples transitioning into dubstep beats sounds insanely awesome.

The vision they have involves rappers pushing the envelope and the title "Watch The Throne" symbolizes the gold standard. They don't want rappers to copy them, they want them to learn from them.

Finally, in the scenario I described above, like with any album leak, it would be on you to decide if you want to listen or not. I think while the lyrics will paint a nice picture, the aforementioned message is general and can be inferred from something as simple as the title.

·
Premium Member
37,149 Posts
B said:
I mean, you could take the best songs an artist has in their discog and throw them into a playlist, and it still doesn't make for a great album. It really is about the tracklist, the pacing. What the songs are trying to convey overall (sequenced next to each other).

I try to view GOOD albums the same way I do films. Just because someone has a lot of fantastic scenes/shots, doesn't make it a great film. What they do with all those shots (how they order them, how they piece it together to tell their story) is what makes it great. Obviously I get music is just well music. But I really do think the great albums have an overall feeling they try to convey.

So I really hate it when albums leak song by song. Just takes away the magic. Just my opinion though. Everyone has their own way of listening to music.
You have to agree though that this song doesnt deserve some of the hate its getting

·
Registered
10,790 Posts
This Actually sounds about right,But i wouldent listen to it then until i get mines in the mail

·
Premium Member
37,149 Posts
B said:
Yeah, I agree with this. But I also realize it's my own subjective opinion that "Otis" is a good song. I mean, IMO I don't see how anyone could hate it. I could see someone not really liking it. But hating it? I've heard far worse than this.

But hey, to each his/her own. I certainly think the song has flaws, so I'm not surprised some don't really like it. But I agree with you on the hate. Then again, this is the internet. Everyone exaggerates everything (including those that Stan for something. Extreme reactions on both ends). 
Yeah I agree with you. You dont have to love it but some people were calling it terrible and while I know opinions cant be wrong, that is

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know people who didn't like Power, but once they heard it mixed in with the rest of the album, they tolerated it. Basically, don't worry about what other people think because at the end of the day everyone, even the haters, expect and receive a product that delivers.

·
Registered
56,677 Posts
Makes perfect sense and is fully in the realm of possibility.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.