Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rough Draft Cover (Inspired by Vampire Weekend's Contra)

Thanks to Casso for helping me put together an alternative cover for my fans. The cover is inspired older Blue Note albums which I love so much.

I want you to feel and embrace this new project from me. New York Mornings/Paris Nights isn't just a audio snapshot of where I am now, but the places that inspired this album. I was born in Manhattan, and I live in New York now, I wanted to capture some of the musical diversity of the Big Apple. Many people dream about New York City, and rightfully so. It's the city where you can't be good enough, you have to be the best. Along with New York, Paris is another place where I draw inspiration from. This album shows my growth as a artist/rapper/engineer/producer and individual. I read a lot of books and watched movies as references for New York Mornings/Paris Nights. I read about every single Beatle autobiography I could get my hands on. I wanted to know how did the Beatles, George Martin, and the engineer capture that sound. After reading about 700 pages, watching 6 hours of documentaries I got a grasp of it.

Album References -

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
The Beatles - Abbey Road
The Beatles - The White Album
The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's And The Lonely Hearts Band
Paul McCartney - Ram, Press to Play, McCartney, McCartney II
John Lennon - Imagine, The Plastic Ono Band
George Harrison - All Things Must Pass
The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds

The list goes on to about 50 albums

Countless Classical Music Albums

The Movies were from the golden era of movies

On The Waterfront
Casablanca
Dr. Strangelove
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

the lists goes on and on.

All the biggest name producers on the site is on this. Everyone you can think of, and if you're not on it. PM me and we can work something out.

·
Premium Member
11,020 Posts
Excited for this bro...Can't wait to hear that new and improved sound too now that you're a professinaaalll!

1 - 20 of 188 Posts