Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lupe is #1 , Whatever the hell this is suppose to mean...

1. Lupe Fiasco
"You know I don't pop-pop at the bar/But I might send pop-pops through your car." Those are the firebrand boasts of Lupe Fiasco, who before finding a career as an antidote to rap's gangsta leanings attempted to blow-up by, er, positioning himself as a full-on, club-hopping gangsta type. Elsewhere in the song "Pop Pop," Lupe vows to "put the tool in your face," brags about how he's got the police, hustlers and gangstas "nervous," and details how he does all of the above while wearing alligator skin loafers. (He's a size ten, if you're feeling generous.) But when lil' Lupe realized that crime rhymes weren't going to pay for him, he wholesale flipped his image into some sort of conscious skateboarding rapper nerd who collects rare Japanese-edition Sylvanian Families figures. Nattily, the last couple of years have seen Lupe yet again develop a new persona for himself, as he seems to have ditched the idea of even attempting to make enjoyable music in preference for becoming a professional whinger and whiner.

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2011/07/rapper_image_changes_lmfao.php

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
I don't completely disagree with it, except for the fact that he apparently "realized that crime rhymes weren't going to pay for him". He stopped with that because he doesn't like that lifestyle, didn't want to back it, and wanted to start rapping about stuff more true to himself.

Definitely has changed drastically over time, though.

·
Premium Member
66,017 Posts
"That's why, my momma said she wanted somethin REAL..
Somethin she could be proud of, somethin she could FEEL..
She said they so used to not havin nuttin real..
That they don't know how to act
They don't know how to feel"

"My mama said they need me...
'cause, I’m made from the best stuff on earth like Snapple Tea Leaves,
they glass is half full so I spit into them like Celie,
no longer G, now you can see me"

"In my day, mane, I did a little somethin some-
They like "how come you don't rap that?"
Cause that's a backtrack and I ain't tryna back back
I'm only moving forward homie that's that"

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
shesnotfamous said:
Lupe is #1 , Whatever the hell this is suppose to mean...

1. Lupe Fiasco
"You know I don't pop-pop at the bar/But I might send pop-pops through your car." Those are the firebrand boasts of Lupe Fiasco, who before finding a career as an antidote to rap's gangsta leanings attempted to blow-up by, er, positioning himself as a full-on, club-hopping gangsta type. Elsewhere in the song "Pop Pop," Lupe vows to "put the tool in your face," brags about how he's got the police, hustlers and gangstas "nervous," and details how he does all of the above while wearing alligator skin loafers. (He's a size ten, if you're feeling generous.) But when lil' Lupe realized that crime rhymes weren't going to pay for him, he wholesale flipped his image into some sort of conscious skateboarding rapper nerd who collects rare Japanese-edition Sylvanian Families figures. Nattily, the last couple of years have seen Lupe yet again develop a new persona for himself, as he seems to have ditched the idea of even attempting to make enjoyable music in preference for becoming a professional whinger and whiner.

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2011/07/rapper_image_changes_lmfao.php
Oogity said:
I don't completely disagree with it, except for the fact that he apparently "realized that crime rhymes weren't going to pay for him". He stopped with that because he doesn't like that lifestyle, didn't want to back it, and wanted to start rapping about stuff more true to himself.

Definitely has changed drastically over time, though.

·
Registered
496 Posts
'they like, how come you don't rap that? cause that's a back track and i ain't tryna back back. i'm only movin forward homie, and that's that'

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
Oogity said:
I'm just on a roll for making posts you agree with! :h5:
You're a Stephen Colbert fan. :) Of course we agree on some things! :D

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Newlopw said:

you forgot that he was nuts with the cane PLANTERS PLANTERS

·
Registered
23,388 Posts
Well the post is mostly correct except for why they say he changed his image. And I don't like that professional whiner bit at the end

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Newlopw said:

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
JCM said:
Well the post is mostly correct except for why they say he changed his image. And I don't like that professional whiner bit at the end
well you have to admit that whether lupe deserves to or not he whines a lot

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Newlopw said:

'cause, I'm made from the best stuff on earth like Snapple Tea Leaves,

In other words, we know why he really changed

Left hand side :sarc2:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
shesnotfamous said:
Nattily, the last couple of years have seen Lupe yet again develop a new persona for himself, as he seems to have ditched the idea of even attempting to make enjoyable music in preference for becoming a professional whinger and whiner.
lol

·
Registered
8,858 Posts
As far as his most recent change goes, Lu just needs to learn when to just shut up... There's nothing wrong with being opinionated, but his opinions aren't even taken seriously anymore. Its just kinda like, "Oh, Lu's talking.... again."

·
Premium Member
19,204 Posts
mindsonloan said:
As far as his most recent change goes, Lu just needs to learn when to just shut up... There's nothing wrong with being opinionated, but his opinions aren't even taken seriously anymore. Its just kinda like, "Oh, Lu's talking.... again."
This is opinionated.. Would you be mad if I told you to shut up?

But on a serious note: I think it's cool that he says his opinion. A huge problem with this generation is that nobody every speaks their opinion or how they feel on a certain subject. But once someone does voice their opinion they're quit to shut them down and tell them to shut up

1 - 20 of 26 Posts