Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
19,805 Posts
rybka said:
Commercial means sellout. Unfortunately.
No somebody who sells alot of records. When it comes to the music he produces Kanye is in no way a sell out.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
I dont think anybody can be commercially successful and keep their roots,
lets face it you have to make shitty music to be on the radio nowadays.

·
Registered
143 Posts
luemas said:
No somebody who sells alot of records. When it comes to the music he produces Kanye is in no way a sell out.
Then what is a sellout? I'm not saying its bad.To me, its just music. Its not an aim as to something evil.

·
Registered
19,805 Posts
rybka said:
Then what is a sellout? I'm not saying its bad.To me, its just music. Its not an aim as to something evil.
Sellout just has a really negative conotation as if the Label is making the music and slapping a rappers face on the artwork.

·
Registered
143 Posts
luemas said:
Sellout just has a really negative conotation as if the Label is making the music and slapping a rappers face on the artwork.
luemas said:
I guess you can say Kanye would be on that list. But can you really name 10 off the dome?

We'd have to analyze the whole rap game for this one.

·
Registered
19,805 Posts
rybka said:
I guess you can say Kanye would be on that list. But can you really name 10 off the dome?

We'd have to analyze the whole rap game for this one.
I'll try

1. Kanye
2. Big Boi
3. Andre 3K
4. Biggie (he was always kinda a Pop Rapper, but in a pure form if that makes any sense)
5. Beastie Boys
6. Clipse

All I can think of. A really confusing question hard to define commercial and selling out.

·
Registered
143 Posts
luemas said:
I'll try

1. Kanye
2. Big Boi
3. Andre 3K
4. Biggie (he was always kinda a Pop Rapper, but in a pure form if that makes any sense)
5. Beasgie Boys
6. Clipse

All I can think of. A really confusing question hard to define commercial and selling out.
Kanye,Biggie,Andre 3K come to mind. Beastie Boys too. But an average listener won't know Big Boi or Clipse. Remember its Commercial Success. And if we are mentioning Biggie, why not throw Pac on the list.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts