Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
true, in Yeezus Ye gives us some very dark and emotional images and feelings without crazy punchlines and metaphors especially Hold My Liquor and I Am A God 

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Iamsofakingraw said:
All Falls Down
Jesus Walks
Never Let Me Down

Just stop Yeezus is the worst lyrically
Again simple rhymes with every one of these songs

·
Read Only
28,740 Posts
ThisVintageGirl said:
Again simple rhymes with every one of these songs
Kanye isn't a lyricist but the imagery in All Falls Down alone is better than any of the trash on Yeezus

Sorry

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Iamsofakingraw said:
Kanye isn't a lyricist but the imagery in All Falls Down alone is better than any of the trash on Yeezus

Sorry
ThisVintageGirl said:
The reason College Dropout worked is because of the message in the songs had such a huge impact he didn't have to say some Illmatic type shit for it to work :work:
No way :oblivious:

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
Its not about rhymes and multies or rhyme patterns. It's about how the lyrics communicate to you as a person. I'm listening to Family Business right now because Corry mentioned it above and this hits deep.

After listening to Yeezus what has Kanye said to us? Oh he wants to fuck Kim on the sink? Oh he asked his "bitch" for more bitches? Yeezus is Kanye thinking he is a god and forgetting that he is a human.

Kanye should be ashamed for the lyrical content on this album. Its just an ego trip.

·
Read Only
28,740 Posts
ThisVintageGirl said:
I don't get what you're point is

I don't see Kanye as a Lupe Fiasco but the his lyrical performance on his previous LP's polished and well thought out. No one listens to Kanye for double entendres and metaphors

Go ahead a list the best songs lyrically from Yeezus and you'll arrive at 2-3 out of the ten

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Iamsofakingraw said:
I don't get what you're point is

I don't see Kanye as a Lupe Fiasco but the his lyrical performance on his previous LP's polished and well thought out. No one listens to Kanye for double entendres and metaphors

Go ahead a list the best songs lyrically from Yeezus and you'll arrive at 2-3 out of the ten
Can you read..

1 - 20 of 139 Posts