Kanye to The banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't respect nearly anyone's opinion on hip-hop to be honest. Only person that can tell me something is good is me... Imagine me not listening to something because someone told me not to? Especially now that I can preview everything for free?

These magazines like Pitchfork and Complex and websites are a fu*king joke anyways. Are they really serious with the shit they say most of the time? I won't be a hypocrite though, because what I say isn't the be all, end all. But I'll never take anyone's opinion seriously that doesn't take ALL hip-hop into account. Not just some... All of it. Places like Rolling Stone and that one website you guys all hate don't take hip-hop seriously...

And then there are people that listen just once to a song and make a final-be-all review of it without letting it sink in to create a proper argument.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
You get the final say of course. There's nothing wrong with using reviews to gauge your own expectations for something though. Plus, I like finding someone else's opinion I can respect.. Helps to hear other peoples view on music, especially if they have a different outlook from me. Makes it a lot easier to be objective.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts