Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 295 Posts

·
Registered
89,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
id like to hear some people explain themselves...i keep hearing on twitter and facebook things like

"I expected better"
"The screaming ruined it"

But id like to hear some people on ktt explain what they exactly dont like about the track

·
Registered
35,690 Posts
Pelé said:
Beat is underwhelming.
Screaming is retarded and didn't achieve what Ye was lookin for.
YO!  This dude inside Kanye's head!

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Average beat and average verses.

I don't get why this is the case. You have the two biggest names in the game and they can't make anything memorable.

And the screaming.

Why are we excited for WTT again :work:

·
Registered
10,902 Posts
It sounds unfinished
The beat is repetitive
There are barely any drums
The beat is just a loop
It'd not a very good single choice
It cuts off (I expect another track to transition on the album)
I was expecting an epic lead single ala Lift Off
And yes, the screaming

However, the lyrics>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That being said, this would make a nice, solid album track. Definitively NOT single material IMO and that's what I was expecting. Maybe that's why I have mixed feelings. If I heard it when I got the album, it would be a different story. And this deff. isn't a CD throwback just because it samples a soul beat.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Well, the sample is just looped with drums on em... It's a quite normal loop, no big changes in the beat. It's easy to make and sounds like something Kanye coulda shoulda woulda didda do in half an hour.. The lyrics are cool, but nothing mindblowing or super special and they don't differentiate from what you hear from other rappers right now.. Just directionless lyrics...

And for the ending, they should've know that wasn't gonna fly..

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
The thing that annoys me the most is the stammering background singing. I hated the singing on Power and this is close to being the same kind of a "pleasure" to listen to. For some reason the track was also maybe dragging on. Maybe I was expecting something more energetic, dunno....

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Why does anyone think this is the lead single? I'm guessing it is just a buzz single. NO ONE said it was being released as a single.

It's called buzz.

1 - 20 of 295 Posts