Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeezus is very radical and different don't get me wrong, but the reason people didn't fuck with it is because of the overall angry mood of the album. It was critically acclaimed because it was a skillfully put together album, but it didn't connect with the masses. TLOP has critics more divided but the people loving, why? Because they've never heard anything like it before. TLOPs song structure has never been used before. A lot of songs with samples at the beginning and end, songs with three beat changes, songs with abrupt endings when not expected and a sample to end it. This kind of music hasn't been heard before, that's why in a lot of reviews you hear it was messy, disorganized, all over the place. Those are replacement words for we don't even know how to analyze this. In terms of how it makes you feel and the journey it takes you through, this album is incredible and that's why the people fuck with it.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The thing about music is that it is hard to critique because it is more subjective than any other art form.

·
Premium Member
30,744 Posts
tpye4life said:
The thing about music is that it is hard to critique because it is more subjective than any other art form.
idk bruh you can sell an empty paint canvas with one dot for like a million dollars I think music is way less subjective

6,059 Posts
tpye4life said:
A lot of songs with samples at the beginning and end, songs with three beat changes, songs with abrupt endings when not expected and a sample to end it. This kind of music hasn't been heard before, that's why in a lot of reviews you hear it was messy, disorganized, all over the place.
hilarious read op :hah:

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Drillary Clinton said:
Idk if radical is the right word here but you made some good points, the most innovative aspect to this album is definitely song structure
Yea my point is that it is difficult to analyze but easy to digest. It's like if someone combined 7 different flavors of ice cream that doesn't look edible, but you taste it and it's actually amazing, that's what Kanye did here.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
four in the morning said:
hilarious read op :hah:
I was really trying to think of songs that sound like ultra light beam, or feedback, or FSMH pt 1 or even famous and I literally couldn't.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts