Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
58,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
joe said:
Its been proven you can go forward in time.

Right now they can only test it with something extremely small, but eventually they want to be able to fit a human being.
whaaaaat?
video or some type of source
i never heard of this

·
Premium Member
58,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
joe said:
Time doesn't actually go forward, we just experience it that way.

Time is a slippery concept, and one that even the theoretical physicists have trouble with. The biggest problem is that due to the way human bodies are made, we experience time in a linear fashion, but apparently that's not how it happens. Additionally, time is NOT a constant. Even measuring time by the decay of certain isotopes isn't entirely consistant, since gravity effects the decay rate. (Very minutely, but we've been able to measure it.)

So the best answer is to say that it's our perceptions and/or the nature of our existence that keeps time going forward.
so basically
very broadly speaking time isnt real
like it dosent move forward
we just think it does because we evolve over time
so were moving and time isnt?

·
Registered
22,866 Posts
lmao, anyone seen the video of the lady in the 1920's holding the cell phone
everyones saying shes a time traveler

·
Premium Member
58,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i like this conversation :0
get ur google skillz on gaiz
find some dope time travel articles

·
Premium Member
58,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
joe said:
The probability of a macroscopic object--like a human--doing this trick is infinitesimal. But thanks to Albert Einstein we know that time travel of a different sort does happen in the macroscopic world. As he showed back in 1905 with his special theory of relativity, time slows down for objects moving close to the speed of light, at least from the viewpoint of a stationary observer. You want to visit the earth 1,000 years from now? Just travel to a star 500 light-years away and return, going both ways at 99.995% the speed of light. When you return, the earth will be 1,000 years older, but you'll have aged only 10 years. I already know a time traveler. astronaut Story Musgrave, who helped repair the Hubble Space Telescope, spent 53.4 days in orbit. He is thus more than a millisecond younger than he would have been if he had stayed home. The effect is small, because he traveled very slowly relative to the speed of light, but it's real.

:0 obama needs to invest in this shit

·
Registered
11,310 Posts
Jay-Z said:
how bout this guys
thoughts?
Lol, the lion the witch and the sink. That video's ridiculous could have been anybody with that tattoo, his would have faded that far ahead too.

·
Premium Member
58,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ant-sw6 said:
Lol, the lion the witch and the sink. That video's ridiculous could have been anybody with that tattoo, his would have faded that far ahead too.
RelaxRelapse said:
How did he get back :kanyeshrug:
i had these same thoughts
but yo time travel is interesting
bout to me become a physicist

·
Registered
11,310 Posts
Jay-Z said:
i had these same thoughts
but yo time travel is interesting
bout to me become a physicist
Yea would be mindblowing, watched Back to the future just last night actually lol

1 - 20 of 33 Posts