Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honestly, This 11 track album is perfect. These 11 songs are going to truly stand as a testament to the history of music. Yea it sucks that we have heard half of the songs already, "but 20 years from now people are going to look at this album and say wow, there are literally no songs on this album that are not mind-blowing". I think one of the reasons kanye is giving us good fridays is to appease the fans that are expecting an 18 track album. 18 tracks of awesomeness would be dope, but an album with 11 songs that are perfect is better from a historical point of view. At the end of the day, whether this track list is true or not, and whether you have heard 70% of the album 50% percent of the album or have never listened to Kanye until it blows up the radio, the best imaginable product will be delivered in this album.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
thecharger said:
Honestly, This 11 track album is perfect. These 11 songs are going to truly stand as a testament to the history of music. Yea it sucks that we have heard half of the songs already, "but 20 years from now people are going to look at this album and say wow, there are literally no songs on this album that are not mind-blowing". I think one of the reasons kanye is giving us good fridays is to appease the fans that are expecting an 18 track album. 18 tracks of awesomeness would be dope, but an album with 11 songs that are perfect is better from a historical point of view. At the end of the day, whether this track list is true or not, and whether you have heard 70% of the album 50% percent of the album or have never listened to Kanye until it blows up the radio, the best imaginable product will be delivered in this album.
Dog, THRILLER Is THRILLER.

Your comparing the greatest album in the history of Pop Culture to Kanye West?

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
the tracklist is dope  i wish chain heavy was on it but oh well chain heavy will be on wtt then  but either way im adding wtt and never see me again to the end of the album regardless

·
0 Posts
Are you comparing So Appalled, Monster and some of the other tracks to Thriller???

Lost in the World, Runaway and All of the Lights I can see but as for the rest well you gotta be shittin' me plus this isn't the 80's anymore my dude....

·
0 Posts
The Man said:
Recovery had 19 tracks.

:banjo:

:problem?:
But that album was mediocre IMO...also Recovery was not classic even if I loved the album I would say the same thing... :dno:

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
Well we haven't heard the fuckin' thing for god sakes! haha

And I'm just saying-- Kanye has been compared to MJ MULTIPLE times. When you presented the question as "Your comparing the greatest album in the history of Pop Culture to Kanye West?" I have to say.."why not?" because someone can easily make an argument that Kanye is today's single greatest pop icon, no? So, disregarding MJ's sales and what not, isn't the comparison (musically at least) fair game? The dude has made brilliant albums come on now.

·
Banned
1,675 Posts
Asian said:

And I'm just saying-- Kanye has been compared to MJ MULTIPLE times. When you presented the question as "Your comparing the greatest album in the history of Pop Culture to Kanye West?" I have to say.."why not?" because someone can easily make an argument that Kanye is today's single greatest pop icon, no? So, disregarding MJ's sales and what not, isn't the comparison (musically at least) fair game? The dude has made brilliant albums come on now.
Lets not get ahead of ourselves now

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Asian said:

I agree with the pop icon and MJ comparisons but c'mon.

I can't take anyone serious if they compare ANY artist album to THRILLER.

It has nothing to do with sales, it has to do with HISTORY.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts