Kanye to The banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few things/coincidences about Watch The Throne that got me thinking...not talking about illuminati, just philosophizing.

# The reocurring theme of jungles and the wild. "No church in the WILD", "Welcome to the JUNGLE", Jay and Kanye depicted as half animals in the booklet. What does the jungle/wild symbolize in the album? Why are Jay and Ye depicted as half animals? No church in the wild, and Jay & Ye are half wild.

# "We formed a new religion" Taken from Kanye's verse on "No church in the wild".

Should this line be taken litterally? We know Kanye speaks his mind. I'm thinking that this could be true, maybe Jay and Ye did form a new religion. We all have seen how Kanye is influenced by greek mythology, christianity and possibly some occultism/satanism. I think that the two rappers might actually have formed a religion that is influenced by greek mythology, christianity, occultism/satanism and Egypt. It could be a metaphor for a sinful life too though.

This picture from the WTT booklet is what made me a little more convinced that it might should be taken litterally.
If you look closely, the woman on the image has the wings of an angel or pheonix, a star that satan supposely has on his forehead (look up 'Baphomet' on wikipedia for a picture), and if you look closely you can see that she has a greek wreath on her head (also called a laurel wreath or olive wreath).


It isn't unreasonable if this was true. Kanye sometimes appears to be christian, sometimes satanist, sometimes a greek god or egyptian.
You can clearly tell he is influenced by all of them in his music and his style.

# I doubt that the cover of WTT is supposed to show that they are devil worshippers, I believe they did that to piss people off. "They think we are devil worshippers Jay! Let's make a cover with lots of symbols just to let them speculate until they go crazy!"

If you have your own thoughts or interpretations of contents from WTT, please feel free to post them here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,884 Posts
inb4thatshitcray

But on a serious note I very much doubt the picture was to do with satanism or illuminati or whatever, everyone knows how artsy Kanye is. However the pictures of Ye and Jay could just be themed to those two songs you mentioned :dno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,396 Posts
Kanye isnt Illuminati. Illuminati doesnt exist. It is just art. I see where you are coming from but they are also a lot of verses showing their belief in religion. Jay saying "every night is worse, thats why I pray so hard" or of course Sweet Baby Jesus.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Princay said:
Kanye isnt Illuminati. Illuminati doesnt exist. It is just art. I see where you are coming from but they are also a lot of verses showing their belief in religion. Jay saying "every night is worse, thats why I pray so hard" or of course Sweet Baby Jesus.
That's the thing that bothers me with Kanye. It feels like he goes back and forth between being religious and not. :dno: He says a lot of things that make you wonder, and then he says something that makes you take back your suspicions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,396 Posts
Chilla said:
That's the thing that bothers me with Kanye. It feels like he goes back and forth between being religious and not. :dno: He says a lot of things that make you wonder, and then he says something that makes you take back your suspicions.
I see what you mean but to me, No Church in the Wild means the life of fame and fortune. The "Wild" being like the Hollywood and how it seems as if everything is broke in that world. Kanye saying love is cursed by monogamy is like how all these celebrities are caught cheating and divorcing and mess. Also when Frank says "you make it out alive, alright alright", to me its like its very hard to escape the pressures of the limelight.

Thats just how I interpreted but what do I know :kanyeshrug:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Princay said:
I see what you mean but to me, No Church in the Wild means the life of fame and fortune. The "Wild" being like the Hollywood and how it seems as if everything is broke in that world. Kanye saying love is cursed by monogamy is like how all these celebrities are caught cheating and divorcing and mess. Also when Frank says "you make it out alive, alright alright", to me its like its very hard to escape the pressures of the limelight.

Thats just how I interpreted but what do I know :kanyeshrug:
Yah I pretty much understand what Frank is saying. What's a God to a nonbeliever? Nothing. Will he make it out alive? Will the nonbeliever make it out of the wild/hollywood/the world without needing God's help? There is no church in the wild, the wild is a place full of sin.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37,089 Posts
aren't Kanye and Jay "Panthers" in these pictures?
I associate that with the Black Panthers....which generally fits the theme of the album since it has some racial themes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
the jungle = inner-city america. look towards the sound bites of monkeys and police sirens at the end of "no church" that are obviously depicting inner-city violence, as well as the lyrics of "welcome to the jungle" itself, which deals with this theme very heavily.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
100,174 Posts
Original. said:
aren't Kanye and Jay "Panthers" in these pictures?
I associate that with the Black Panthers....which generally fits the theme of the album since it has some racial themes.
This
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top