Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
22,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I liked this shit at first.  I liked it a lot.  But it grew on me to the point where I'm blown away by it. 

Sonically, this shit is sooooooo good.  The first few listens I spent so much time over analyzing the music trying to find things in it when those things aren't supposed to be searched for.  It isn't the epic that MBDTF was, but that wasn't what Kanye was trying to make.  In their interviews he and Rubin both stressed minimalism and they succeeded.  Vibe to this shit and let it move you.  Don't try to move it and make it into the album you want it to be.  Throw away expectations of what you wanted or expected and take it as listening to a new genre that you haven't heard before and this shit will sound like you just discovered the greatest genre ever.  This is great music.

·
Registered
22,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ASS SAMARITAN said:
Love the album, but this aint a new genre.
What I was trying to say was to treat this style of hip hop as its own genre so you don't force yourself into saying I don't like this because this isn't what hip hop normally is.

·
Registered
22,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
+Megamorter said:
Second half is good

first half is empty and rushed
I find this funny because like I said as a whole I think this album is great but if anything sounds a little rushed it's the second half.

·
Premium Member
43,866 Posts
MCN said:
I find this funny because like I said as a whole I think this album is great but if anything sounds a little rushed it's the second half.
didn't really read that paragraph you wrote. sorry, bro

·
Premium Member
17,265 Posts
u r right op
i like ur opinion

·
Registered
22,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
+Megamorter said:
didn't really read that paragraph you wrote. sorry, bro
Nah I didn't say that any of it was rushed in the op the 'like I said' was referring just to the fact that I thought the album was great haha

·
Premium Member
43,866 Posts
MCN said:
Nah I didn't say that any of it was rushed in the op the 'like I said' was referring just to the fact that I thought the album was great haha
I think the second half is great. and On sight is great apart from that random sample in the middle of it

the rest isn't bad, but it can be better

·
Registered
22,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
+Megamorter said:
I think the second half is great. and On sight is great apart from that random sample in the middle of it

the rest isn't bad, but it can be better
I love the sample in on sight. I hate the intro to it. I think it sounds really really choppy. Least favorite part of the album tbh.

·
Premium Member
43,866 Posts
MCN said:
I love the sample in on sight. I hate the intro to it. I think it sounds really really choppy. Least favorite part of the album tbh.
it's a dance track, no doubt

Think about dancing somewhere to that song and out of nowhere that sample comes in. Totally kills the mood of the environment and the song, itself. doesn't make sense/wasn't done correctly

1 - 20 of 59 Posts