Kanye to The banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
shev said:
listen closely my friend, well start playing it right after the last hook, and the when the instrumental starts, you can hear the progression of the choir in the backgroud.
lol i thinked you mean really the second..yhear i know what you know mean

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
the end of Say you will is actually the start of Welcome to heartbreak.

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
This may be kind of dumb, but during the first....errr, progression of Flashing Lights (the part that feels heavier on strings)...there are like 2nd tier strings, maybe part of the bass line or something, they are very sort of airy and nice. Didn't notice those until I was laying down and listening to it really loudly and trying to focus on different parts of the song.

I noticed this on the first few times I think, but is still isn't very prominent...the piano in Paranoid playing the same notes as the synth...just sort of in the background, but it sounds really pleasant. Listen to the VH1 Storytellers version of it, that piano. Man, Paranoid could be played a 100 different ways with a 100 different instruments, I would still love it.

·
Registered
323 Posts
DRiX said:
Ne-Yo and Legend on Good Life.
i've tried so hard to hear those two but i only hear t-pain...

although i always wondered whose vocals are the "ohohoohohh" right at the end of the second verse. sounds like Legend

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
The violins in Power took me a while. The acoustic guitars in Heard Em Say, and
That messed up distorted voice in Crack
Music is just so amazing the way it's so scary sounding

G

·
DubMcFly said:
i've tried so hard to hear those two but i only hear t-pain...

although i always wondered whose vocals are the "ohohoohohh" right at the end of the second verse. sounds like Legend
the ending chorus i think i hear ne yo

·
Registered
830 Posts
drop.out said:

around the 1:23 mark the synthy sound is actually someone on vocoder
Since day 1 of listening to jesus walks, I really thought that that part REALLY ...completed(?) the song. The vocoder is beautiful

on another note, am i the only one who breaks apart songs in my head and pieces them back together? My mind works weird :/

·
Registered
347 Posts
I've must have listened to stronger over 400x in 3 and a half years and I've just heard something random in  the song I've never heard before.

After the 1st hook " I need you right now" He says "Me likey"? lmao.

So random and yet i've never even heard it before. Was shocked

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
mikeyzee said:
on another note, am i the only one who breaks apart songs in my head and pieces them back together? My mind works weird :/
Nah I do that with any music I'm really into. I kinda picture it like some operation or something. Like everything dissected and laid across in my mind, and after figuring out each piece I put it back together. That goes for some lyrics too, I really have to think it through to understand some songs. It makes listening to music feel like some fun brain puzzle it's cool :)

21 - 40 of 40 Posts