Kanye to The banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think in Kanye's case there was no need to grow as an artist. If Kanye remained as he was from College Dropout and Late Registration he would be hailed as an even bigger artist than he is now. The reason people hate on Kanye these days is because he dropped those first 2 classics and his later cd's haven't matched up to what he did in his first 2 albums. I am a fan of MBDTF but, I'm a fan of the production. Same can be said for WTT. He made himself a much better producer and has shown huge growth in that field. He just didn't seem to continue in that lane as a rapper...

/rant.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
If he kept making the same album over and over again he would be done in this industry. Just like every rapper besides him & Jay, Wayne & Em.

Those are the only 4 artists who even matter on a large scale in hip-hop anymore.

Sad but true. When you don't evolve you regress.

·
Banned
20,397 Posts
Well he did so get the fuck over it.
Kid Canibus92 said:
I think in Kanye's case there was no need to grow as an artist. If Kanye remained as he was from College Dropout and Late Registration he would be hailed as an even bigger artist than he is now. The reason people hate on Kanye these days is because he dropped those first 2 classics and his later cd's haven't matched up to what he did in his first 2 albums. I am a fan of MBDTF but, I'm a fan of the production. Same can be said for WTT. He made himself a much better producer and has shown huge growth in that field. He just didn't seem to continue in that lane as a rapper...

/rant.

·
Registered
24,512 Posts
Kid Canibus92 said:

/rant.
On Kanye's first 2 albums he rapped about his life. His life changed a lot at that point so should he keep rapping about his old life or rap about the life he's living now?

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
Kid Canibus92 said:

/rant.
You have no fucking idea what you are talking about. Kanye West growing as an artist is the best thing he and any other artists could do. Why else would stuff like Stronger and Heartless be his best selling singles ever? Because he grow as an artist and experimented, sure some of it failed (like alot of 808s) but the best results beat the crap out of alot of CD and LR.

·
Registered
41,943 Posts
Cheesebob said:
You have no fucking idea what you are talking about. Kanye West growing as an artist is the best thing he and any other artists could do. Why else would stuff like Stronger and Heartless be his best selling singles ever? Because he grow as an artist and experimented, sure some of it failed (like alot of 808s) but the best results beat the crap out of alot of CD and LR.
I'm sorry, but 808's did not fail :sarc2:

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think if Kanye would of kept doing the type music  he did with first and second album people would still complain about how he keeps doing the same music. Now some people want the "old" Kanye back which is not going to happen.

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
Roman said:
I'm sorry, but 808's did not fail :sarc2:
I never said it completely failed. It has some brilliant songs on it (infact its best songs I prefer to Graduation's and Late Registration's) but it also had a higher percentage of crap on it than either of those albums. So yeah.

·
Registered
41,943 Posts
Cheesebob said:
I never said it completely failed. It has some brilliant songs on it (infact its best songs prefer to Graduation's and Late Registration's) but it also had a higher percentage of crap on it than either of those albums. So yeah.
I disagree. I think that, as an album, it is his best because of its cohesiveness and construction. All the songs are good (imo), and none of them feel out of place or forced. There isn't anything I would change about 808's, everything just fits. It certainly isn't my favourite album but I think it is his most well put-together.

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
Roman said:
I disagree. I think that, as an album, it is his best because of its cohesiveness and construction. All the songs are good (imo), and none of them feel out of place or forced. There isn't anything I would change about 808's, everything just fits. It certainly isn't my favourite album but I think it is his most well put-together.
Hmmm I also agree that it doesn't feel forced, you can really feel that Kanye is heartbroken and as an overall message I find its second to MBDTF in its cohesiveness. Its just I didn't like Say You Will, Amazing and anything after Robocop. It began to feel monotonous and the some of the effects on the autotune and voice-coder just didn't gel with me very well.

·
Registered
41,943 Posts
Cheesebob said:
Hmmm I also agree that it doesn't feel forced, you can really feel that Kanye is heartbroken and as an overall message I find its second to MBDTF in its cohesiveness. Its just I didn't like Say You Will, Amazing and anything after Robocop. It began to feel monotonous and the some of the effects on the autotune and voice-coder just didn't gel with me very well.
That's just down to personal opinion though. I know a lot of people on this site love the album too. I feel the autotune adds even more emotion to it anyway, but that's just me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts