Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Banned
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember when Ham dropped? MOST of us  thought WTT was gonna be full of "Trap" songs and "Bangers"? Then when the album dropped we all ran into songs like Lift Off, No Church, Made In America, New Day, etc. H.A.M was a BAD move for WTT, because it released the WRONG type of energy for WTT and thats why SOME ppl say it was a let down just cause it didnt have the songs we expected. For example ppl who think Illest Motherfucker Alive, H.A.M, Primetime should of been on the album and not just extra songs for the deluxe. Dont get me wrong Theraflu is a fucking MONSTER, but I hope Kanye keeps the energy in that direction. Now that this is dropped ppl are expecting "Mercy" to sound similiar (a banger). But this question will be answered soon, after "Mercy" drops tonight. Do you guys think ye will keep this energy (theraflu type songs) or is history repeating itself like H.A.M did WTT?

·
Registered
65,753 Posts
#TEAMHUMP

And I’ll admit, I fell in love with Kim
‘Round the same time she had fell in love wit’ him
Well, that’s cool, baby girl, do ya thing
Lucky I ain’t have Jay drop ‘im from the team

Plain English version: "I was hooking up with Kim Kardashian at roughly the same time Kris Humphries was. I could have made things interesting and encouraged my good buddy and New Jersey Nets minority owner Jay-Z to cut Humphries. I didn't. But I could have."

It's an awesome diss, but a nonsensical diss. Here's why:

Kris Humphries is awesome at basketball! He responded to the diss by scoring 21 points and grabbing 11 rebounds last night. He's averaging 17 and 11. He has a better PER (a fancy advanced stat) than big stars like Amar'e Stoudemire, Monta Ellis, Rajon Rondo, and Andre Iguodala.

Jay-Z owns 1% of the Nets. He's basically there as a branding device to make the Nets seem cool. As Bill Simmons always says, Jay-Z has 1% more decision-making power than you or I do. No way he could cut the team's second-best player.

It'd be a blessing to get released from the Nets. NBA contracts are guaranteed, so he'd still get paid.

·
Registered
38,737 Posts
If people had not bash Ham that harshly, ye would have made the whole sound of WTT like it. Damn you people.

I sometimes get surprised about how great HAM actually is.
It has some kind of trend about trap, swag sound but it is not like every samey, typical trap songs out there but it has ye's own sound such as opera sampling or strings.

·
Registered
65,753 Posts
if anything kanye lost because he fell in love with that bitch and she married humpries and not him so he a salty nigga for that bs

And I’ll admit, I fell in love with Kim
‘Round the same time she had fell in love wit’ him
Well, that’s cool, baby girl, do ya thing
Lucky I ain’t have Jay drop ‘im from the team

Plain English version: "I was hooking up with Kim Kardashian at roughly the same time Kris Humphries was. I could have made things interesting and encouraged my good buddy and New Jersey Nets minority owner Jay-Z to cut Humphries. I didn't. But I could have."

·
Banned
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MajorLazer said:
Theraflu is on Khaled's album. :cmon:
Kanye west ft. DJ Khaled. That or I just took another L.

·
Banned
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
but its Kanye (ft. DJ Khaled) and its prod. by hit-boy.

·
Banned
28,839 Posts
Mid-Knight696 said:
Kanye west ft. DJ Khaled. That or I just took another L.
It's on Kiss the Ring, Khaled's album. Has no associated to any Kanye project. We haven't heard the whole song yet either, Cudi was supposed to be on the second part of it. :dno:

·
Banned
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MajorLazer said:
It's on Kiss the Ring, Khaled's album. Has no associated to any Kanye project. We haven't heard the whole song yet either, Cudi was supposed to be on the second part of it. :dno:
FUCK! I just took ANOTHER L!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts