Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While watching the video, I initially (stupidly) thought that these were the actual people laying naked in the bed (I think that's what Kanye wants). I started to feel empathy for their situations. They all looked vulnerable, transparent and real. It almost seemed like no matter what they've done, no matter how powerful they might seem and no matter how controversial they are, they still look, act and appear like us. This is how Kanye wanted the video to be seen, it's pure expression and emotion. And it's not so much genius as it is beautiful and emotional. This is how I see it atleast. For the people who think Ye does this for attention, remember what he said? "Whenever I say the truth, it breaks the Internet." He showed truth here and it did just that. The world just isn't real enough to handle him.

·
Registered
9,628 Posts
people are gonna bash you and say "Ye fans are ridiculous, they'll find deep meaning shit where there isn't any" but this concept really isn't that deep

it's just one that has become seriously lost in our culture today with how much people look up to these celebrities like gods and in turn, the celebrities do more and more to try to fit that image and not do anything wrong in order not to tarnish it. it has become an endless loop of people pressuring celebs to be perfect and celebs calculating everything they do more and more to be perfect

you make a very good point OP. you real  :denzel:

·
Registered
32,383 Posts
there's so many layers to it..i have like 5 diff reasons as to what it could mean but the final point is always what you're bringing up in this post

i feel like it's a paparazzi who broke in (the dark light and weird camera man) and found the holy grail of all these celebs in a bed and now ppl are analyzing it and saying it's kanye showing support for bill cosby, or kanye is being misogynistic to taylor, him being sued by these celebs, or that everyone is in on it. just a whole bunch of narratives, connecting a whole bunch of dots and in reality all they're doing is sleeping, not even moving. that's what i think he means on a 'comment on fame'

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
tpye4life said:
While watching the video, I initially (stupidly) thought that these were the actual people laying naked in the bed (I think that's what Kanye wants). I started to feel empathy for their situations. They all looked vulnerable, transparent and real. It almost seemed like no matter what they've done, no matter how powerful they might seem and no matter how controversial they are, they still look, act and appear like us. This is how Kanye wanted the video to be seen, it's pure expression and emotion. And it's not so much genius as it is beautiful and emotional. This is how I see it atleast. For the people who think Ye does this for attention, remember what he said? "Whenever I say the truth, it breaks the Internet." He showed truth here and it did just that. The world just isn't real enough to handle him.

·
Registered
12,113 Posts
you saw donald trump naked and you had the reaction of empathy and thought he looked vulnerable, transparent and real

·
Registered
9,628 Posts
Highlights. said:
there's so many layers to it..i have like 5 diff reasons as to what it could mean but the final point is always what you're bringing up in this post

i feel like it's a paparazzi who broke in (the dark light and weird camera man) and found the holy grail of all these celebs in a bed and now ppl are analyzing it and saying it's kanye showing support for bill cosby, or kanye is being misogynistic to taylor, him being sued by these celebs, or that everyone is in on it. just a whole bunch of narratives, connecting a whole bunch of dots and in reality all they're doing is sleeping, not even moving. that's what i think he means on a 'comment on fame'
:oh:

this is a really good point too. it's funny how many different things people have claimed about the video whether it be sexism by showing boobs, in support of cosby/trump, etc. when really it's just them lying there doing nothing

interesting :khaled:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts