Kanye to The banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
39,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dont really have that much to say right now, but I always found it funny that the people that rag on Pitchfork are the ones that are getting angry over the fact that their favorite artist just got eviscerated. Just saying if u take a look at latest trends in music journalism, that if they big up(hate) an album, other media publications seem to follow suit. Discuss

·
0 Posts
Pictfork gave Recovery the perfect rating, they love Indie music & Kanye and their site is awesome so fuck the haters!

·
Premium Member
37,799 Posts
Well, they gave MOTM a 4.1 and gave Flockaveli an 8. Don't completely trust them. The site I trust most is Rapreviews

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
yeah, it depends on each critic..but they use to love kanye and hate n.e.r.d..for example..

·
Registered
481 Posts
who reads reviews? is there really a point?

i guess if you can't form your own opinion, or are confused and need it reinforced, but my own opinion of what i'm listening to is just fine with me.

just look at rolling stone. kanye's been visiting them lately, giving them exclusive first listens to his new material. so it's natural they give his new album a perfect rating.

there was a time long ago when you could look forward to a magazine coming out and giving you the scoop on upcoming music releases. those days are long gone now that we have the internet, a vital tool for EVERYBODY to state their opinions, worthless or not.

now it's just trying to justify why you like or dont like something, critical analysis has been thrown out in exchange for free face time. sad world.

·
Premium Member
232,799 Posts
Idk how somebody could enjoy Flockaveli enough to give it a 8/10 rating other than wanting attention and website hits.

But I don't care about reviews, I have my own opinion on the music and no music reviewer is going to change that opinion whether they are "respected" or not. In the end, the most important music critic is yourself.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts