Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alotta fans claim that their favorite rappers bring new styles or are creating something innovative. But really they are just jacking other genres and calling it new because its mixing rap..like kanyes past two albums.
I know most of the fans who say this have no idea about music outside of rap.
But if your musical selection is colorful then you'll pick up on how these artists are just using their fans musical ignorance to their advantage to make it seen like something new is being born.

So my question is, do you think REAL originality will ever come back...and a new era will spawn? Or is it impossible to develop an original sound again since it seems everythings been done.

·
0 Posts
holupholup said:
Or is it impossible to develop an original sound again since it seems everythings been done.
The weeknd
James blake
The xx

·
Banned
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pyramid said:
The weeknd
James blake
The xx
The weekend sounds like drake
The xx sound like every other trip hop artist...not hating cuz i like then.
Don't listen to James Blake
And im talking  about hip hop.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
It's called influence it's not a new thing.

Jazz was influenced by Ragtime, Country by bluegrass, rock 'n' roll by blues, etc.

Hip hop used to be influenced by funk and soul, but now it's branching out into other genres, no big deal.

Also to OP who asked when "REAL originality" will return, it's never left and there is actually a lot more creativity music-wise nowadays in the mainstream and "underground". Think of all the stolen tunes from the 50's, basically every song was ripped off from other (most often black) artists. Lyrics, melody, everything.

·
Banned
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pyramid said:
Tyler
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Shabazz palaces
Tyler is  far from original. And dark fantasy Their sounds are nothing new. Rehashed from other genres. like i said in op.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts