Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,995 Posts
ashtherobot said:
how. this actually looks good, despite the fact the both series' fell off
it looks about the same quality as both series right now but there's a novelty that will make people watch. it's pretty lazy just to go through old simpsons tropes like bart's prank phonecalls and homer's love of donuts and have an added family guy joke to them.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
71,028 Posts
sometimes said:
but this is airing as a family guy episode so it shows how desperate family guy is now.
Family Guy has relied on gimmicks ever since it came back from the dead so whatever. lol

With Simpsons though it's a series with such a legacy resorting to this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sometimes said:
it looks about the same quality as both series right now but there's a novelty that will make people watch. it's pretty lazy just to go through old simpsons tropes like bart's prank phonecalls and homer's love of donuts and have an added family guy joke to them.
I laughed at almost everything in the trailer, so to each their own i guess.

Evil Boy said:
It is embarrassing because it sums up how desperate The Simpsons is these days
sometimes said:
but this is airing as a family guy episode so it shows how desperate family guy is now.
Both are pulling it great ratings and will probably stay on the air for a while despite falling off, so i don't see how it's desperate for either
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,725 Posts
I used to be a big Family Guy and Simpson fan but both shows are past their primes.  This is going to be a huge train wreck of massive proportions.
AnotherBadCharacter said:
Bob's Burgers is the only one that even matters now

Great show
Bob's Burgers is a goat show.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,995 Posts
ashtherobot said:
Both are pulling it great ratings and will probably stay on the air for a while despite falling off, so i don't see how it's desperate for either
desperate in a creative sense
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,995 Posts
Evil Boy said:
Family Guy has relied on gimmicks ever since it came back from the dead so whatever. lol

With Simpsons though it's a series with such a legacy resorting to this.
the simpsons has relied on gimmicks for the past 10 or so years though. grandpa marrying selma, ned and edna getting together and having the viewers decide if they stay together, the lego episode, an episode about moe's bar rag etc.

then again, they're still getting money to make them and it's at the point where they should just do whatever the fuck they want. the first 8 or 9 seasons are pretty much a different show and there's no continuous storyline so they can never be tarnished.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
71,028 Posts
sometimes said:
the simpsons has relied on gimmicks for the past 10 or so years though. grandpa marrying selma, ned and edna getting together and having the viewers decide if they stay together, the lego episode, an episode about moe's bar rag etc.

then again, they're still getting money to make them and it's at the point where they should just do whatever the fuck they want. the first 8 or 9 seasons are pretty much a different show and there's no continuous storyline so they can never be tarnished.
All that plus them finally giving in and doing the movie lol.

But you get what I'm saying here, Family Guy doesn't have the reputation that Simpsons has as being one of the goat shows when it was in its prime.
 
1 - 20 of 211 Posts
Top