Kanye to The banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://rapgenius.com/lyrics/Lupe-fiasco/The-show-goes-on

Lupe fans, the moment you've been waiting for is here - Lupe's first official single off of the long-delayed LASERS!

Lupe interpolates the popular Modest Mouse single "Float On" into the chorus, giving record execs the poppy hook they so desperately desire, but still maintains lyrical credibility

In the song, Lupe discusses his problems with Atlantic Records in releasing LASERS and giving back to the hip-hop heads

Will the song blow up? That's for YOU to decide!

:)

(And no, before you ask, I myself had nothing to do with this song being explained on the site... They did this without my assistance, or without even my asking them. :D I'm glad, to be honest. Nearly 30 Lupe tracks have been explained now on Rap Genius!)

·
Registered
236 Posts
With our help it WILL blow up. 200K+ Youtube views in only a few days. As long as ALL of us one here buy his new single off iTunes on November 9th we can make this thing HUGE.

Think about it. Most people on iTunes check the Top 10 most Bought songs of the week to look for good songs to put on their iPod. If they see his new song on that list, thats more people who could:
1) Like it
2) Buy it
3) Request it on the radio

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ryansn said:
With our help it WILL blow up. 200K+ Youtube views in only a few days. As long as ALL of us one here buy his new single off iTunes on November 9th we can make this thing HUGE.

Think about it. Most people on iTunes check the Top 10 most Bought songs of the week to look for good songs to put on their iPod. If they see his new song on that list, thats more people who could:
1) Like it
2) Buy it
3) Request it on the radio
Agree 100%.  People are already startin' to take notice... I know people were blastin' it at maximum volume in this dorm hall the other day and I hadn't even told them yet about it.... It'll definitely make waves as long as we support it.

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kale07 said:
Coldplay you should ask them or do the unkle Lupe song
Which one.  The one from "The Cool", or the one they did together this year?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Nice.

I think that the "Five in the air for the teachers not scared" line is a role reversal with the whole idea that students raise their hand (five fingers) when they aren't scared to ask / answer.

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FightinFiasco said:
thnks coldplay even though this was one of the easier to decipher
I didn't do this one, although I'm stunned they got it done in just a day already.

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Newlopw said:
Riiiiiiiiggggghhht
:dno:  I'm telling the truth.  I didn't know this was even up and explained already until I saw it on the front page.  Didn't even get an e-mail about it, lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts