Kanye to The banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just listened to the song for the first time.

I like Lupe quite a lot, but I am slightly frustrated with the whole "sample songs that are already well known" thing. I don't know if Lupe produced it himself, but whoever did, seems like kind of a mainstream cop out. Sampling a 2004 song made even more popular by rockband. Just saying, it is why Kanye and his crew know what they are doing. No one even knew (and by no one I mean the mainstream) knew who the fuck Bon Iver was before LITW. And that song sampled in Dark Fantasy? Forget it, I don't know. And just look at LR, all older stuff.

My point? I don't really have one. I just feel like Lupe and his team can be a little more clever and refined about things. He has a sick flow, generally good lyrics, but "Float On"...ehh, I guess it works for a single needed to get you back on your feet, but I want to regard him with the upper class of rappers who don't just cop out with some cliche beat.

·
Registered
28,422 Posts
it is lowkey corny to do this but it's worse if it isn't executed very well.. What You Want and Go To Sleep>>>>>>>>>>>>>>New Single imo. It doesn't suck it's just after all the trouble I was expecting better.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Stop being an attention whore kthanksbye.

This was part of his deal with Atlantic; make a catchy hit that will bring in money or get your record shelved indefinitely. It's all about the benjamins man, but judging from your post you clearly have no idea what that means

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I don't think Lupe had a choice. And, honestly after hearing a couple interviews I don't think he's really feeling the song either.

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
AndrewG said:
I don't think Lupe had a choice. And, honestly after hearing a couple interviews I don't think he's really feeling the song either.
Summary?  Whats he said so far?  Sorry my first time hearing abt this.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts