Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
25,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You, your spouse, and child of 2 are driving back home from a get together late at night along an old road above a lake. On that night it just so happens to be raining. You don't have your seat belt on but your spouse is strapped in and your kid is in the car seat.

Suddenly you come along a very tight turn and veer off the road and hit a metal barrier. You're flung out of the car and knocked unconscious.

As you come to your see your spouse unconscious in the car as your baby cries for dear life. The car is still on the cliff hanging on the metal barrier. as soon as you are on your feet the car falls off the cliff into the lake.

Without thinking you dive off the cliff after them swimming to the sinking car trying to save your family. You only have strength to make one trip and very little time to boot before the car completely sinks killing whoever is left.

Who do you save?

·
Registered
47,361 Posts
I would save my spouse, but if my kids were toddlers, I think I'd be able to have enough strength to go back and get both.

I really don't know, that's a very tough decision to make.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
You can always make another kid with your wife but can never make another mother for your kid. Plus it'd be kinda tough on the kid anyway, growing up to never meet his mother

·
Registered
47,361 Posts
AnimalAmberlee said:
Dude....I saw some ish like this on the news before... The man saved his wife instead of his son and the media went crazy
Logically, I think the only rational thing to do is save your spouse. It's unfortunate that you'll lose your kid but you'll lose so much more if you lose your spouse (high probability that you'll never have any other kids and won't remarry anyone else, lose the love of your life, etc.)

·
Registered
25,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
pmoods said:
You can always make another kid with your wife but can never make another mother for your kid. Plus it'd be kinda tough on the kid anyway, growing up to never meet his mother
I'm sure at two years of age they'd remember their mother.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Thats hard because the childs so innocent and hasn't had a chance to live yet but your in love with your spouse  :cryfam:

I don't know what I would do tbh

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
I would only be able to decide in the spur of the moment. If my wife insisted on me saving our child, I'd save the child. Otherwise, it would be 50/50...

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
AdenFTW. said:
I'd save my kid. I'm sure my spouse would do the same.
This. This same kind of situation happened recently in the past year or so, but the dude chose to save his wife.

Edit: Why is this in Life & Advice?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.