Kanye to The banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

So Ye shot the movie in Prague, is in Japan screening his movie, did the same thing in the UK not long ago (though he's always been big there), and will be in Paris finishing WTT with Jay-Z later on this month (I guess that doesn't mean a whole lot). He says he wants to finish his new tour in Egypt, he is performing in Dubai, and in the past I know he has performed in China among many other places.

The question: how big is Kanye's worldwide appeal? Can he truly be considered a worldwide superstar right now? Or has that already happened? Did it happen after Graduation? Or even earlier? Or will it really happen after MBDTF. I am considering artists that are/were huge around the world - Michael Jackson, etc. Has Kanye joined their ranks? Is Kanye bigger than his fellow hip-hop stars in this regard? (Jay-Z, etc?).

·
Registered
47,303 Posts
I don't think he's popular ALL around the world just yet. Notice how he became more worldwide when he made Graduation? He's transitioned from hip-hop to other genres while still keeping his hip hop vibe. His worldwide appeal is larger than most hip-hop artists though. What other hip hop artist you know that causally goes to fashion shows and collaborate with mixed genre artists? To me, Kanye is kinda pop but with a hip hop vibe. I don't know, it's hard to explain.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I reckon it may take a bit of time before Kanye becomes a global superstar, he is on the way to becoming one though, A couple of world wide tours and say another 2 albums after MBDTF could do it, No one else in this world that is as unique as Kanye, people go on about the MJ's and Gaga's of this world but I think Kanye is on his own level, I do however know a lot of people that would disagree with me which is why I dont think he will become a worldwide superstar just yet, He needs to get all his haters on his side first, even as hard as that sounds I think he can do it, Shout out to Yeezy :stronger:

·
Registered
47,303 Posts
MrJeezy said:
I reckon it may take a bit of time before Kanye becomes a global superstar, he is on the way to becoming one though, A couple of world wide tours and say another 2 albums after MBDTF could do it, No one else in this world that is as unique as Kanye, people go on about the MJ's and Gaga's of this world but I think Kanye is on his own level, I do however know a lot of people that would disagree with me which is why I dont think he will become a worldwide superstar just yet, He needs to get all his haters on his side first, even as hard as that sounds I think he can do it, Shout out to Yeezy :stronger:
True. But haters are inevitable, even Michael Jackson had haters and he was a global superstar. Haters means you're doing something right.

·
Registered
10,902 Posts
I believe he TRIED too hard to become one. With 808s, he wanted to create melodies that can be recognized worldwide. He succeed somewhat, but then again the whole album was what he felt it should be. Graduation on the other hand was more of an attempt. I think after this album and WTT, he'll definitely reach that status.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Kanye has had mass celebrity appeal all over the world, because of his devotion to his music & arts, which he combines to make genius and satisfies many people. Fan or not you can't deny Kanye's talent.. Also because of his creativity, which is far ahead of anybody from the 21st century. Not many artists today have that in today's modern music.
:sarc:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts