Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's literally no other song that does a successful job at transporting me into a world like this song, I feel like i'm crash landing in a late teens/early 20s houseparty and I can actually feel the euphoric chaos  when I enter the house, the smothering smell of cheap beer drowning the room as plumes of weed smoke erupt from wall to wall. There's people in the room, but it seems as if they are galaxies away from where you are standing and you don't know whether or not you're in danger. It's the  feeling of uncertainty you get when you know you can't accurately gauge all the uncontrollable variables life throws at you in this particular moment, but it doesn't matter because whatever happens fucking happens. You let the cold night unfold, haphazardly going through an enchanting sequence of events and by the time it's over you end up wherever you so desperately needed to be in life before you even stepped foot in the party.

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
Facts man the amount of pussy this song got me on my tinder date man I will always love abel for that and just all of trilogy I can never knock him

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
ayatolladanger said:
There's literally no other song that does a successful job at transporting me into a world like this song, I feel like i'm crash landing in a late teens/early 20s houseparty and I can actually feel the euphoric chaos  when I enter the house, the smothering smell of cheap beer drowning the room as plumes of weed smoke erupt from wall to wall. There's people in the room, but it seems as if they are galaxies away from where you are standing and you don't know whether or not you're in danger. It's the  feeling of uncertainty you get when you know you can't accurately gauge all the uncontrollable variables life throws at you in this particular moment, but it doesn't matter because whatever happens fucking happens. You let the cold night unfold, haphazardly going through an enchanting sequence events of hedonism and by the time it's over you end up wherever you so desperately needed to be in life before you even stepped foot in the party.
This is so well-written, TPTAP is the goat :worship:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
darklex150 said:
Facts. This song always make me feel so cool. I would give everything i have to get another song life this from Abel :ffpu: .
That's crazy that he's never gone back to this dream pop sound...he could've literally made his entire career off songs like this and still be successful but this man was willing to try it all. It really says something about how expansive his talent is.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
ayatolladanger said:
It really says something about how expansive his talent is.
I'm sorry cowboy but I gotta respectfully disagree with that. In my opinion, for me as a fan of Abel to say this phrase would be acceptable only if he made a song songs better-than-or-at-least-just-as-good-as TPATAP in other genres. His last two full length LPs he's been trying to have the most sales/streams/radio plays, but at the same time also fantasizing his day one fans to have his back, like
"yO, wE'Re sTiLl dOiNg cHaPtErS BrAh!"
"ThIs wOuLd bE AgGrEssIvE AnD WaRm bRaH"
"cHaPtEr dOnE SoOn. JuSt lEt tHeSe pAgEs fLiP BRAHH" (cue moody/dark pic)"
"BrAh, LiKe bRaH, i'm sO InSpIrEd wRiTiNg tHiS AlBuM (sTaRbOy) ImMa dRoP fROm My tOuR WiTh rIhAnNa bRaH"
"PiNk fLoYd, PrInCe, DaViD BoWiE ChAnNeLiNg tHrOuGh mE On tHiS AlBuM BRAH MY DICK HARD JUST BY THE THOUGHT OF IT BRAHBRAHBRAHCALAMAUSBRAH"

And it was full of hits and misses.
This (BBTM and Starboy) is not talent, that's not the way you do it. House Of Balloons is talent.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
talktohani said:
I'm sorry cowboy but I gotta respectfully disagree with that. In my opinion, for me as a fan of Abel to say this phrase would be acceptable only if he did a song better-than-or-at-least-just-as-good-as TPATAP in another genre. His last two full length LPs he's been trying to have the most sales/streams/radio plays, fantasizing his day one fans to have his back, like
"yO, wE'Re sTiLl dOiNg cHaPtErS BrAh!"
"ThIs wOuLd bE AgGrEssIvE AnD WaRm bRaH"
"cHaPtEr dOnE SoOn. JuSt lEt tHeSe pAgEs fLiP BRAHH" (cue moody/dark pic)"
"BrAh, LiKe bRaH, i'm sO InSpIrEd wRiTiNg tHiS AlBuM (sTaRbOy) ImMa dRoP fROm My tOuR WiTh rIhAnNa bRaH"
"PiNk fLoYd, PrInCe, DaViD BoWiE ChAnNeLiNg tHrOuGh mE On tHiS AlBuM BRAH MY DICK HARD BY JUST THE THOUGHT OF IT BRAHBRAHBRAHCALAMAUSBRAH"

And it was full of hits and misses.
This (BBTM and Starboy) is not talent, that's not the way you do it. House Of Balloons is talent.
I'm not gonna lie I agree with you, he definitely caught lightning in a bottle with House of Balloons, actually scratch that, that ***** caught the whole hurricane with shit.
But when I say talent, I actually meant his capacity to make music that appeals to completely different genres and actually NAIL it in doing so. The HILLS and TPATAP are made for two different demographics, one is tailor made for wanderlust  wealthy drugged out white women and the other is made for ****** who are juggling side hoes.
He's able to cater to a wide range of people without spreading himself thin. Most artists stay in their comfort zone and stick to mainly one genre.

·
Registered
15,979 Posts
OP delivered them facts

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
ayatolladanger said:
I'm not gonna lie I agree with you, he definitely caught lightning in a bottle with House of Balloons, actually scratch that, that ***** caught the whole hurricane with shit.
But when I say talent, I actually meant his capacity to make music that appeals to completely different genres and actually NAIL it in doing so. The HILLS and TPATAP are made for two different demographics, one is tailor made for wanderlust  wealthy drugged out white women and the other is made for ****** who are juggling side hoes.
He's able to cater to a wide range of people without spreading himself thin. Most artists stay in their comfort zone and stick to mainly one genre.
I agree. Does he have the potential? Hell yes, he has a distinctive way of singing, image, and vocals to mark his name in a "Unfadeable so please don't try to fade this" way.
But the execution leaves much to be desired. He made attaining mammon a priority, and artistic content plan B, or C or maybe Ω. He's able for so much more, yet he doesn't put work to it. What's having a talent and gifted vocals worth it, if he doesn't put in work to make great tracks? K.Dot wrote scrapped and rewrote 3 albums worth of material for the final product of GKMC. George Michael worked three months on "Careless Whisper". If Abel had this way of thinking for making the whole album then things would have been much better

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
talktohani said:
I agree. Does he have the potential? Hell yes, he has a distinctive way of singing, image, and vocals to mark his name in a "Unfadeable so please don't try to fade this" way.
But the execution leaves much to be desired. He made attaining mammon a priority, and artistic content plan B, or C or maybe Ω. He's able for so much more, yet he doesn't put work to it. What's having a talent and gifted vocals worth it, if he doesn't put in work to make great tracks? K.Dot wrote scrapped and rewrote 3 albums worth of material for the final product of GKMC. George Michael worked three months on "Careless Whisper". If Abel had this way of thinking for making the whole album then things would have been much better
He's been taking hella long for this new album so let's hope it outlives it's wait time 🙏🏽🙏🏽
Also, one of the main reasons why HOB was as timeless as it was, was because Abel had no deadlines in making it. There a lot of versions of each song on the album, which means he really had to take time to sculpt the marble and unlock these ideas. For someone who's on the fast track, I give him credit for putting in a solid effort, but again this new album doesn't seem rushed.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
ayatolladanger said:
He's been taking hella long for this new album so let's hope it outlives it's wait time 🙏🏽🙏🏽
Also, one of the main reasons why HOB was as timeless as it was, was because Abel had no deadlines in making it. There a lot of versions of each song on the album, which means he really had to take time to sculpt the marble and unlock these ideas. For someone who's on the fast track, I give him credit for putting in a solid effort, but again this new album doesn't seem rushed.
Him taking a lot time could be because of being stuck in writer's block. Or maybe it could be him working on the project for a long time trying to make it right. I hope it's the latter. Time will tell.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts