Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the VMA perfomanze Kanye harmonized in a very lovely way on the words "hood rats" and "good at" in the first verse.
In the iTunes version, he sings these words in a much more... how do you say... shitty way.

I know that this is stupid as fuck, but it really bugs me so much that I can't stand listening to the iTunes version at all.
When I heard the supposed CDQ version that leaked within days of the performance, I really thought that it would be fixed when it hit iTunes.
But no.  :sadblu:

The worst part is that he sang it that way in the SNL performance too...
SO WHY ISN'T IT LIKE THAT IN THE FINAL VERSION YOU FUCK

... Does anyone else feel the same? or am I forever alone....

·
Registered
23,216 Posts
nah i was the same. I liked they way he sang it, and then the final came out and he just kinda says it. I was like "awwww" lol. A bit disappointed, same with the samples at the beginning that arent in there. I guess see him live then ay?

·
Banned
959 Posts
1776 said:
In the VMA perfomanze Kanye harmonized in a very lovely way on the words "hood rats" and "good at" in the first verse.
In the iTunes version, he sings these words in a much more... how do you say... shitty way.

I know that this is stupid as fuck, but it really bugs me so much that I can't stand listening to the iTunes version at all.
When I heard the supposed CDQ version that leaked within days of the performance, I really thought that it would be fixed when it hit iTunes.

I actually feel like this about many of Kanyes tracks where he does a better job during some live performances then on the actual cdq album version of the song... I've kind of grown more fond of listening to any live version over studio versions now just because his delivery isn't as "Aggressive" on album versions.

·
Registered
517 Posts
the live version honestly blows the final version out of the water. the final is so dull. i really wish he would fix it like love lock down...when he first put that out it had no passion to it but then he re did it and made it a lot better

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
i feel the same, loved the way he delivered the hoodrat line, u could tell he knows melodies well.
but oh well, what can we do  :iunno:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nickels1000 said:
the live version honestly blows the final version out of the water. the final is so dull. i really wish he would fix it like love lock down...when he first put that out it had no passion to it but then he re did it and made it a lot better
Yeah, exactly. The CDQ that leaked seemed to be just like the first version of Love Lockdown he put on his blog. That it actually was the final version fucked me up. It really sounds like a placeholder for a better mix. Very strange how a perfectionist like Kanye would release something that sounds like it hasn't even been mastered yet.

Oh well

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Fight the power,
On a serious note, I do agree.
Final version blows..

No wonder it's dropping. 

:sarc:

·
Registered
99 Posts
If it wasn't for the VMA performance I'd be perfectly happy with the CDQ.

But now I'm just missing the voice samples and autotune.

·
Registered
7,306 Posts
1776 said:

man i was thinkin the exact same thing just sounded better when it was live mostly because of the way he sings hood rats/good at!!!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OmoneySouthWest said:
man i was thinkin the exact same thing just sounded better when it was live mostly because of the way he sings hood rats/good at!!!!!
There must be a way to deliver this message to the man himself! LET'S UNITE!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
laRs said:
If it wasn't for the VMA performance I'd be perfectly happy with the CDQ.

But now I'm just missing the voice samples and autotune.
I really liked the samples too, but actually I don't mind that those are reserved for the live version along with the part at the end. I think it's kinda cool that the song has an entirely different energy when performed live (Pusha-T's verse for example)

But that part of the melody itself is different, and really, way nicer in the live version is... annoying (as in FUCKING AGGRAVATING JESUS CHRIST)

... sorry.

·
Banned
959 Posts
Pretty B. said:
petition!
Just hit up that dude Virgil on twitter, no need for a petition.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts