Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Personally i'm really impressed how they've kept this album leak free for so long and my anticipation is extremely high because of it. The album looks like it'll be nothing short of a masterpiece and i'm countin' down the seconds 'till it drops.

The one thing i don't like about not having individual leaks is...

I'll feel overwhelmed by the music when the album first drops. The cool thing with when it leaks in pieces is that i really get to listen to each song individually and analyze it one at a time.

When this album drops i'll be listening to a song and loving it but at the same time i'll be wanting to hear the next song and the song after. I feel like i won't have enough time to really enjoy each song individually when i'll always be anticipating another one.

I'm sure over time i'll be able to really digest the album but within the first two weeks i would say i won't be able to zone in on my absolute favorites and the absolute greatness and beauty of each song individually.

Anyone else ever feel the same way a bit?...

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SkinnyJ420 said:
I hear ya but hearing it as a whole>>>>>
Your prob right. It'll be one hell of an experience!

·
Registered
36,171 Posts
It might be too much for one sitting but Ill pull through and listen to it all and be overwhelmed. :epic:

G

·
Nah, I like it this way. After I listen to an album a few times, I usually go back and listen to the ones that I like and look up the lyrics and stuff.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Back in the 70's I used to feel overwhelmed by full LPs without being able to preview certain songs. Yeah I could've gotten the singles but I didn't have too much money on me at the time so I just invested in the full albums.  Nowadays we have it pretty lucky!  Just a click away from whatever great music that we choose that can last a long time...I remember I got that Kurtis Blow debut record fairly cheap, the player almost completely scratched the hell out of the vinyl just before the first side ended. My local record shop didn't have anymore so I just re-bought the released singles one by one.  Was worth it though, classic stuff.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
I agree. I like being able to get like 1 new song a week or every few days. Where as with something like this the masterpieces will get played wayyyy more. I think this is gonna be like how The Blueprint 3 was for...I just kept listening to the entire thing and after like 25 plays or so...the ones that really stood out got played the most. I had no idea about any of the songs on that CD as i didnt follow music as much as I do now...and sure enough Empire State of Mind was getting played wayyyyy more than any other songs.

·
Premium Member
53,595 Posts
This will be the first album I wanted in about 10 years that I didn't hear before release.

I agree with every reason in OP. I like letting one song resonate with me more. It's going to be....different being bombarded with everything at once. I think I'll just pick two songs and sit with them for a bit...or try to. lol

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Shy said:
This will be the first album I wanted in about 10 years that I didn't hear before release.

I agree with every reason in OP. I like letting one song resonate with me more. It's going to be....different being bombarded with everything at once. I think I'll just pick two songs and sit with them for a bit...or try to. lol
the way the album sounds from the soundbites, i think its better just to listen to the whole thing as a whole

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Shy said:

:h5:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts