Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Banned
12,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to KTT's Nutrtition Thread! :fire:

In this thread you can discuss with and ask other members anything pertaining to your everyday diet. Living a healthy life starts by putting the correct things in your body on a regular basis.

Which foods and drinks should I try to avoid when trying to lose weight?

Everything is okay in moderation, but there are plenty of foods that you may consume everyday without realizing how unhealthy they actually are for you. These are all things we love, but sometimes you have to make sacrifices to better yourself.

Try to avoid:
- French fries & potato chips
- Sugary drinks such as soda, sports drinks, and fruit juices which are not 100% juice
- White bread, rice, pasta, bagels, etc
- Candy bars
- Pastries, cookies, cakes
- Alcohol, especially beer
- Ice cream
- Pizza
- Fast food
- Fried food

Now, I know you're thinking, how can I live without pizza & ice cream?! I know, it sounds terrible right? But the key to successfully transitioning yourself into a healthier diet is to not cut everything off at once. You'll go crazy if you do so. Eliminating one or two at a time and replacing them with a healthier alternative will make you much more accustomed to eating healthier versus unhealthy.

So, which foods and drinks are best for me?

There are plenty of nutritious & delicious foods that you can consume instead of the things I mentioned above.

First of all, water is the BEST thing you can drink. Drinking only water will make your skin clearer, relieve fatigue, improve your mood, treat headaches and migraines, helps with digestion and constipation, aids weight loss, flushes out toxins, and more!

Some other healthy drink options include vegetable juice, unsweetened tea (especially green tea), black coffee, and skim (fat-free) milk.

Now for the food, vegetables, carbohydrates, fruits, nuts, and lean proteins are great choices for your everyday diet.

Vegetables such as broccoli, cucumbers, and spinach, are low in calories and high in fiber.

Carbs often get a bad rep, but if you stick to carbs such as whole wheat bread/rice/pasta, beans, and oatmeal, you can make the best of them. They're essential for providing energy.

Fruits are another part of a nutritious diet. Fruits such as bananas, apples, and oranges provide great benefits and nutrients to your body. Remember fruit does contain sugar, so eating too much fruit can have a negative impact on you.

Nuts such as almonds contain healthy, mainly unsaturated fats, and no cholesterol or salt. Almonds rank the highest in protein, fiber, calcium, vitamin E, riboflavin, and niacin content by weight out of all tree nuts.

Lean protein is the most important part of a non-vegetarian's diet. Meats such as skinless chicken breast, turkey breast, and salmon are high in protein, low in fat, and low in calories. Eggs are great too, especially only the egg whites.

What about snacks?

The graphic below shows a bunch of great snack choices that are both delicious and nutritious! All of these snacks are 100 calories or less.

How many calories should I look to consume on a daily basis?

Well, if you're looking to lose weight, a caloric deficit is necessary for weight loss.

What is a caloric deficit?
"A calorie deficit is a state in which you burn more calories than you consume. For example, if you burn 2,500 calories per day but only eat 2,000, you have created a deficit of 500 calories per day. A calorie deficit forces the body to use non-food sources of energy (typically body fat though the body can also burn muscle tissue for energy) to make up for the shortfall causing weight loss."
How can I keep track of my caloric intake?

There's a few ways to easily track a days worth of calories. First, the old fashioned way would be to read labels and add them up either on a piece of paper or on a computer/phone. Making a spreadsheet or table is a good way to keep track of a week's worth of eating and drinking to see your progress for multiple days at a time. Another great way to track your caloric intake is with apps and websites such as Calorie Counter (MyFitnessPal), Lose It!, FatSecret, Cron-o-Meter, and SparkPeople. MyFitnessPal offers a great mobile app which is free to track calories. Making an account can help you keep track of your progress and will allow you to go back and see what you ate everyday! Some of the websites I mentioned may also have mobile apps, but they could cost money.

If anyone has any other questions about anything above, feel free to post in this thread or PM me directly! I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have. Google is your friend as well. I learned a majority of the things I know about nutrition just by googling and reading a lot!

Feel free to talk to others in the thread as well, as we should all try to make our KTT community healthier one step at a time!​

·
Banned
12,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We didn't get a subsection, but here's a thread dedicated to nutrition. Will remove this post in a day or so.

Notifications:

GhostDeini718 said:
I'm in it
Pauly said:
We outchea
waias15 said:
Jason Derulo said:
well I didn't sign yet, so in :fire:
CLF said:
I support this
JJD said:
lowkey.warlock said:
In sign me up OP
Sleepzz said:
Flosh said:
More signatures let's make this happen.
keepthereceipt said:
I support this
808s and ash trays said:
DiFFERENCE said:
this is a pretty dope idea
Im Thuggers Bitch said:
I cosign this.
anth said:
Might make a cooking show if this shit happen :khaled: :jordanok:
PNDaddi said:
all aboard the gainz train :rejoice:
MegaFdub said:
All the food threads are going in there :yejoice:
Puma said:
:sarc2: this was pitched long time ago. Should've happened
webbie said:
Maybe fitness/cooking/health :oh:
Martiano said:
:slick:

Really hope this happens. Could end up being a goat sxn
Fam. said:
I'm all for it. The shit described in OP is the exact reason I don't get in the thread either.

I definitely see the benefit in a subsection.
Sar said:
:oh: See, I never would have known the bodybuilding thread is the general fitness thread. I've never entered the thread b/c I'm not interested in bodybuilding. I'm just interested in eating healthier, losing some weight, and toning up some. When I see the word bodybuilding, I think of this:
Earth Angel said:
K I cosign to.
HeyAaron said:
Sar said:
Would love a section dedicated to Fitness & Nutrition :whew:
h2o said:
ADAM VERTIGO said:
Don't send me text alerts though.
SlicedBread said:
Cautiously in.
anth said:
personally I think it could be a cool section, I'm really interested in cooking and it would be nice to have a place dedicated to it
fettuccine said:
doubt it happens but hell why not
Lurking_Drizzy said:
Vanguard said:
Kind of in
p y t said:
yeah go ahead and put my name in op
Thanks Ma said:
hella said:
in absolutely
Michael. said:
with this
tezzz said:
Of course :D
Dreezy said:
Sign me up
ThanksArthur said:
Lesh geddih KTT gonna finally get me in God mode
meehmet said:
Ok this goat
Peter Sanogo said:
Not very active here anymore but I'm with it. Has potential.
str8dollaz said:
in

KTT boutta be the fittest forum on the Internet :hhh:
808s and ash trays said:
Splashius Klay said:
halloweengang said:
Flex said:
Sign me up for this
SlicedBread said:
This could change my life. I need to lose a little weight.
Katsura said:
i think its worth giving another shot
draff said:
Been using the gym more and more seriously as of late, definitely in
Martiano said:
MeltedLaundryGang said:
lets get it
MeltedLaundryGang said:
defs think this should happen
Big Bean said:
Put me in, I'm on a journey to get sexy. I went from 208 to my current weight of 169, tryna get down to at least 160 by next month
Moaner. said:

·
Premium Member
18,490 Posts
Interesting

·
Banned
12,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
PM me with your username if you want to be added to the KTT nutrition thread Discord chat

1 - 20 of 115 Posts