Better Writing: UK Office by a mile

Winner: The Office UK

Discuss

·
Premium Member
39,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Linus said:
I personally liked the US version more when it was Seasons's 1-3. But now that the show is really dragging on, and has dropped in quality....

The UK version is looking a lot better.
I agree, the first 3 seasons were incredible, but season 4 had some gems too like The Deposition and The Dinner Party

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
after having seen every episode of the UK Office, the first few episodes of the US version were laughable tbh ( @ how bad it was).

put me off so much i haven't watched an episode since.

·
Premium Member
39,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh the first episode of the US version is fucking terrible, a complete rehash of the original

·
Registered
18,234 Posts
It's not even remotely close; UK version>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The UK version has better writing, better cast members, the humour and delivery is better and the show as a whole is superior. The Office IS a work of pure genius, the US version isn't very funny.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
UK>
look i don't like brittish people very much, but when it comes to comedy they rule this planet!
only fools and horses, men behaving badly, the office... THAT'S IT BABY! american shows can't match this... there are some i like: friends, third rock from the sun, that 70s show etc... but brittish shows are simply smarter

·
Premium Member
39,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bad Boy said:
UK>
look i don't like brittish people very much, but when it comes to comedy they rule this planet!
only fools and horses, men behaving badly, the office... THAT'S IT BABY! american shows can't match this... there are some i like: friends, third rock from the sun, that 70s show etc... but brittish shows are simply smarter
Arrested  Development >>>>>>>>>>>>> All Brit-Coms

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
ecabney said:
not really :)
i don't find it particularly funny when bunch of crazy people go around doing crazy/goofy things... that's just like pissing all over crap / easy comedy
however if you watched only fools and horses, you could have easily see both tragic and funny side of life, depicting social problems of working people... okay we all know poor people are forbidden thing on american television... at least 99% of sitcoms are about some Joe the plumber dude who works one job and has this amazing home and beautiful wife even though he's stupid, fat and ugly... that's not life, just rubbish.

I DON'T THINK SO!
(now you can show us that junkie Lebowski saying it's your opinion man ;)

·
Premium Member
39,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bad Boy said:
i don't find it particularly funny when bunch of crazy people go around doing crazy/goofy things... that's just like pissing all over crap / easy comedy
however if you watched only fools and horses, you could have easily see both tragic and funny side of life, depicting social problems of working people... okay we all know poor people are forbidden thing on american television... at least 99% of sitcoms are about some Joe the plumber dude who works one job and has this amazing home and beautiful wife even though he's stupid, fat and ugly... that's not life, just rubbish.

I DON'T THINK SO!
(now you can show us that junkie Lebowski saying it's your opinion man ;)
post is covered with fail tbh, especially since u like Friends UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Bad Boy said:
you don't deserve an opinion imo

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
GMC...Relapsed said:
It's not even remotely close; UK version>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The UK version has better writing, better cast members, the humour and delivery is better and the show as a whole is superior. The Office IS a work of pure genius, the US version isn't very funny.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Haven't seen the UK version... :dno: But if you all are for real and it really is that good, I have to get into it as fast as possible!

1 - 20 of 93 Posts