Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
14,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-stadium-vote-20110810,0,5909713.story
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/story/_/id/6846837/nfl-los-angeles-here-seven-wonders

For those who haven't been following this (or simply don't give a shit), Los Angeles and the NFL are showing signs that point toward rebuilding a relationship. A lot of people in LA are excited about this, others have a "I'll believe it when I see it" perspective. The city has approve of a plan with AEG (same group that developed Staples Center) that will put a stadium downtown.

Can LA sustain a pro football team with the right ownership? Who will make the move? Are there other cities that make more sense for the NFL?

·
Registered
14,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chargers are the best bet at this point. No swapping divisions and the Chargers have tried to break into the LA market for the last five years or so. San Diego people may feel disenfranchised but they could still drive a couple hours up the 5 freeway if they continue to support the team.

Jay.S said:
Raiders would also be a possibility, but they would be the most polarizing option. Even though they still have a passionate fanbase here, a lot of fans felt like Al Davis burned a bridge when he went back to Oakland. The stereotypes that the Black Hole prides itself on is a turn off for many. Personally, I would welcome them back.

/America'sTeam said:
Until LA has that finished and they have an opportunity to get a quality franchise to move there...I doubt the NFL goes there.

A Blackout at that many homes would kill ratings.
Part of the deal involves trying to come to terms with a team and bring them to LA while constructing the new stadium; they'd play at the Coliseum as early as the 2012 season. Imagine if they finish the new stadium and couldn't find a tenant immediately? Blackouts make me worry, though. The Coliseum holds like 92K.

Art said:
where's that rainbow colored sonic level shit they had planned to build?
Los Angeles Stadium, Ed Roski's plan, is still up in the air. Rumor has it that he lost patience and is working on a project for UNLV.

·
Registered
14,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A. Samuels said:
Farmers Field :bitchgtfo:

This is the real LA stadium, which is ready to begin construction TODAY. Just need a team to move here.

This looks like an amusement park. Way more land but less versatile than Farmers. But if it was the only option I'd support it 110%.

·
Registered
28,077 Posts
westside said:
This looks like an amusement park. Way more land but less versatile than Farmers. But if it was the only option I'd support it 110%.
How is it less versatile? If Farmers Field was the only option I'd fully support it as well, but I'd rather have the closer location (10-15 minute drive) plus there's going to be an incredible amount of job opportunities.

·
Registered
14,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A. Samuels said:
How is it less versatile? If Farmers Field was the only option I'd fully support it as well, but I'd rather have the closer location (10-15 minute drive) plus there's going to be an incredible amount of job opportunities.
Farmers has a retractable roof and central location, which allows for more events. Keep in mind Farmers is also part of a project to update and expand our pathetic convention center, so I think it has more economic potential outside football.

·
Registered
62,616 Posts
westside said:
Los Angeles Stadium, Ed Roski's plan, is still up in the air. Rumor has it that he lost patience and is working on a project for UNLV.
His UNLV plans probably aren't gonna go through with our current budget and the fact that our state government only likes giving money to UNR.

G

·
Alex Trebek said:
I-110 and I-10 would be horrible in Downtown LA, it was horrible on a Saturday morning when I was there this spring.

I don't know about the downtown idea, but the Seahawks make it work so :dno:
Most cities make it work.

G

·

Why are they using purple seats. Shit looks terrible. reminds me of Staples Center.

The need to step up there game

swag

1 - 20 of 45 Posts