Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
224,782 Posts
You want to stop tanking? Impose a salary cap. That way the best teams don't stay the best forever and parity becomes a thing.

Also, get rid of the lottery so the worst teams can get better.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
45,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LST. said:
You want to stop tanking? Impose a salary cap. That way the best teams don't stay the best forever and parity becomes a thing.

Also, get rid of the lottery so the worst teams can get better.
there is a salary cap.

the NBA is gaining more parity by the year and the reason why it hasnt advanced as much is DUE to tanking
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
45,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dr.jdagawd said:
Isn't the lottery meant to stop tanking though?
no way lol wtf the worst teams have a huge advantage to get top picks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41,925 Posts
..ObiJuxn.. said:
no way lol wtf the worst teams have a huge advantage to get top picks
that's how it should be lol. But having the worst record doesn't guarantee you the top pick like it does in football or other sports.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
45,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dr.jdagawd said:
that's how it should be lol. But having the worst record doesn't guarantee you the top pick like it does in football or other sports.
yeah but tanking is getting ridiculous why tf lose on purpose then its not competitive sports anymore
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41,925 Posts
..ObiJuxn.. said:
yeah but tanking is getting ridiculous why tf lose on purpose then its not competitive sports anymore
You're talking to a sixers fan so it's hard for me to argue lol, but yeah I definitely see your point.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
33,300 Posts
I'm not a Sixers fan, but I have to say I can't recall a team executing a rebuild as good as they are doing right now.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
45,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NickyEyes said:
you must not watch the nba.
you must have ignored the rest of my post
NickyEyes said:
I'm not a Sixers fan, but I have to say I can't recall a team executing a rebuild as good as they are doing right now.
yeah but by tanking and i honerstly cant stand tanking

does any otjher sport tank?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,666 Posts
..ObiJuxn.. said:
you must have ignored the rest of my postyeah but by tanking and i honerstly cant stand tanking

does any otjher sport tank?
NFL teams do, depends on how the draft class is shaping up
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
33,300 Posts
..ObiJuxn.. said:
you must have ignored the rest of my postyeah but by tanking and i honerstly cant stand tanking

does any otjher sport tank?
yeah but the other part of the post doesn't pertain. There is no parity in the NBA at all. It's not getting better. Everybody knew who the final four teams would be last year.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
46,456 Posts
Want to stop tanking?

Don't set a cap on the rookies contract.

No way a team should have 4 first overall picks,
When the oldest one is the best player in the league, and the three other ones were selected in the previous 4 years.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
45,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
NickyEyes said:
yeah but the other part of the post doesn't pertain. There is no parity in the NBA at all. It's not getting better. Everybody knew who the final four teams would be last year.
it does pertain. tanking plays into it so much

playoffs race would have been so much better

no one couldve guessed the 16 teams that made the playoffs maybe the top 4 or 5 but not the rest

and then its not because of  parity its because of great organizations

also look how much more balanced the nba got this season

ALSO the western conference is as deep as ever, how is there no parity ther? 8 teams in 1 conference ATLEAST who can win 50 + games?
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top