Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
57,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody remember this public debate Bun B, Talib, Malice, and Lupe had at a school?

Very interesting.

G

·
Black Smith said:
I've watched a lot of excerpts but this is the first time I found one of this length.

same here, just watching the 10min right now, will be watching the full one soon though :work:

G

·
DAVIDRKING said:
btw, how yall perceive mainstream hip-hop?
I like some songs, and i know how to differentiate between reality and the glorious life songs may talk about, but some people cant and thats why hip hop culture is looked down upon. Lu is a mainstream artist and he's great, so I guess you just have to look in the right place.

·
Registered
540 Posts
conscious rap is just as bad at times though

·
Registered
540 Posts
but im tottaly down with what lupe said about school brainwashing people

G

·
Ibrahim said:
I like some songs, and i know how to differentiate between reality and the glorious life songs may talk about, but some people cant and thats why hip hop culture is looked down upon. Lu is a mainstream artist and he's great, so I guess you just have to look in the right place.
interesting.
I cant say mainstream in horrible but its just nothing i cant get into anymore.
back when i  was a teenager, doing whatever, mainstream music was my thing, 50cent, Ja rule, nelly and all that.
it helped me understand hip-hop more but if played today, i cant get into it as if am playing a more of conscious rap.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts