Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please explain to me what is the deep meaning of The Matrix....i can see some of it but i just dont get the bigger picture....i guess i should just watch all three back to back....because i dont even know who these people in the black suits are ....and wtf is up with the octopus monster thing...some explanation please?

·
Registered
25,534 Posts
The underlying theme of the matrix is that the world around you (reality) is never what it seems...so much that you could possibly mold it to your will.

:dno: that's what i got.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I remember at the time thinking about the Ying Yang theory, how good cannot exist without evil and vice versa and how they balance each other out. Which is why the only way for Neo to kill all the Smiths was to sacrifice himself, so that there was no overwhelming power of either good or evil. Or something like that.

All I know is that the original Matrix is one of my fav movies of all time and that Reloaded had some of the best action sequences of all time.

·
Registered
13,452 Posts
I gotta say it was a dope ass series. The first movie was the best; focused more on Neo and the Matrix. Then for the second and third, it kinda zoned off into the war, which was still dope however.

Yep.

That's all.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Pretty terrible acting, but it's definitely the type of trilogy you can get sucked into for the entire trilogy (even though the third one is so much worse than the other two).

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Will Smith was supposed to play Neo but turned it down for....

But 1 is a classic, I remember thinking the following two were wack.

·
Registered
13,452 Posts
IceandRain said:
Pretty terrible acting, but it's definitely the type of trilogy you can get sucked into for the entire trilogy (even though the third one is so much worse than the other two).
Yeah, the third one completely took away from the whole Matrix idea and everything just went bad with the war and all of it being centered on Zion.

The other two just did not have the eerie feel the first one captured.

·
Registered
7,582 Posts
pederloo said:
1st one is one of my childhood favorites and the first R rated movie I saw.
My ***** :datass:

The Matrix will always have a special place in my heart because of dat nostalgia :allears:

I remember the watching the 2nd and 3rd ones on bootlegged Chinese DVD's my dad brought back from Beijing, used to watch them with my brother (dreaded the overlong fuck scene though >_> )

1st is great. 2nd is nearly as great, 3rd is still good. You can't say "Matrix 1 is GOAT and the rest is trash" because that is merely being dishonest. Reloaded is as good as 1, but I still like 1 better.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Ryan Gosling said:
My ***** :datass:

The Matrix will always have a special place in my heart because of dat nostalgia :allears:

I remember the watching the 2nd and 3rd ones on bootlegged Chinese DVD's my dad brought back from Beijing, used to watch them with my brother (dreaded the overlong fuck scene though >_> )

1st is great. 2nd is nearly as great, 3rd is still good. You can't say "Matrix 1 is GOAT and the rest is trash" because that is merely being dishonest. Reloaded is as good as 1, but I still like 1 better.
If its any testament, I bought the first two and not the third :he:

but I saw the third twice in theaters. Once with my faja, and again with my friends.

The Matrix is just one of those trilogies that I will always be biased for, even with the amount of criticism it receives.

I still remember the first time seeing the first one. My parents were downstairs watching it, and I told them I couldn't sleep, so they let me "sleep" on the couch. One of my favorite memories :allears:

·
Premium Member
20,359 Posts
ELKO. said:
Will Smith was supposed to play Neo but turned it down for....

But 1 is a classic, I remember thinking the following two were wack.
Wow is this true? Holy shit.

·
Registered
7,582 Posts
pederloo said:
The Matrix is just one of those trilogies that I will always be biased for, even with the amount of criticism it receives.

I still remember the first time seeing the first one. My parents were downstairs watching it, and I told them I couldn't sleep, so they let me "sleep" on the couch. One of my favorite memories :allears:
tbh

one of my favorite memories is seeing that dvd case and thinking "this movie is SO AWESOME I HAVE TO SEE IT" but then I saw the rating

but then my parents let me watch it anyways :cryfam: :slick:

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Kind of crazy to think that 2 and 3 both were released in the same year.. Never really watched the 2nd or 3rd... Loved the 1st one and didn't want to ruin it.

Maybe one day I'll check em all out

1 - 20 of 119 Posts