Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
16,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm listening with m50x and it sounds great 3bh. You guys must be listening with CVS headphones or some shit.

A couple minor issues here and there that will definitely be fixed on the iTunes version. Everything else sounds fine though :what:

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
agreed, haven't bumped it on my nice speakers yet but it's not too bad. imo yeezus and 808s are kinda messy/distorted but it works perfectly because it goes with the feel of the album. I think this applies here as well. for me MBDTF mastering issues bother me much more because it's a "perfect" album and I think it should have immaculate sound quality (still love it obvi but that's just the feel I get).

·
Registered
7,493 Posts
MintChipMC said:
I keep hearing pops in my headphones on father stretch my hands. Driving me crazy
this accurate. Heard some on Fade too. Besides that the mastering is decent

·
Registered
12,137 Posts
I see nothing wrong with the mastering, tbh. Feel like Ye took a page from T, and used the mastering to help better establish the feelings, mood, theme, etc. of the songs.

·
Registered
431 Posts
BillyRockets said:
I'm listening with m50x and it sounds great 3bh. You guys must be listening with CVS headphones or some shit.

A couple minor issues here and there that will definitely be fixed on the iTunes version. Everything else sounds fine though :what:
Wolves need work. Especially Frank's verse.

·
Registered
8,385 Posts
Doesn't really matter what you use to listen to it, it should sound great on all systems, thats the whole point of mixing/mastering. For the sake of not getting into a pointless argument about whether it was intentional or not, I'll assume the clipping is on purpose. but there's so many others mistakes I don't even know where to begin. I could hear kanye opening his mouth clicking and them walking in the room n shit on multiple songs, these are some of the first things you fix up. fucked up delay effects, multiple vocals over each other without effective separation ... its just mixed super sloppy.

·
Registered
7,184 Posts
Most people  don't even know what mastering is lol.
MintChipMC said:
I keep hearing pops in my headphones on father stretch my hands. Driving me crazy
lol. the song isn't even clipping. You're hearing the distortion on the choir/sample.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
BillyRockets said:

This is what I've been saying. People have been listening with shitty free airline earbuds or their built-in laptop speakers and complaining about sound quality, saying the mastering was bad.

:cosby:

·
Premium Member
10,956 Posts
BillyRockets said:

listened to it on my 598s shit sounds good lol

even with my speakers

·
Banned
6,848 Posts
OP is right

1 - 20 of 32 Posts